1. American Soul at the Grammys = prepare to be embarrassed to be a U2 fan.
  2. This will not be good.
  3. Unless they do a version like the one on XXX since they are performing with Kendrick that would be very cool. Doubt it tho, really getting sick of this song.
  4. Is this place always so negative? Your favorite band is about to play on one of the most watched shows of the year. No one watching Thor Grammys is going “..well this is just recycled Glastonbury..”
  5. Why? Better than any other stuff that will be performed. Thought the SNL one was decent.
  6. just perform and play your songs u2. political messages should be subtle (imo). tomorrow's performance will be another attack on a president who is NOT their president in a country that is NOT their country in front of an American audience. I love this band so much for over 30 years now but this explicite political stuff is really annoying me. I paid E420 for 2 tickets in october and don't wanna be confronted with their political ideas all the time during a concert. I know if u r a u2 fan u get the whole package but..yeah..it is soooooo easy to critsize this US president.I can name a dozen other leaders in the world right now who they can and should be critisize... move on and focus on your music u2 or split up and go in politics.
    (sorry moderators don't wanna start a political discussion here).
  7. I thought SNL was a poor mix, Edge’s guitar sounded quite isolated at times through a lack of bass. However the bits he was playing were pretty cool and I think the song has good potential live so I’m looking forward to hearing the Grammy performance.
  8. Originally posted by justinpushplay:Is this place always so negative? Your favorite band is about to play on one of the most watched shows of the year. No one watching Thor Grammys is going “..well this is just recycled Glastonbury..”
    We are negative when the band does embarrassing things.
  9. Originally posted by justinpushplay:Is this place always so negative? Your favorite band is about to play on one of the most watched shows of the year. No one watching Thor Grammys is going “..well this is just recycled Glastonbury..”
    It is.
  10. Originally posted by parzival:just perform and play your songs u2. political messages should be subtle (imo). tomorrow's performance will be another attack on a president who is NOT their president in a country that is NOT their country in front of an American audience. I love this band so much for over 30 years now but this explicite political stuff is really annoying me. I paid E420 for 2 tickets in october and don't wanna be confronted with their political ideas all the time during a concert. I know if u r a u2 fan u get the whole package but..yeah..it is soooooo easy to critsize this US president.I can name a dozen other leaders in the world right now who they can and should be critisize... move on and focus on your music u2 or split up and go in politics.
    (sorry moderators don't wanna start a political discussion here).
    These “I love U2 but stop with the politics” posts have got to be trolls right? U2 is political. Shocking for them to change 40 year’s in right?

I get your point about “not their president” but they do sometimes live in the US and they definitely do business there. So go ahead.

Also your point about other leaders is also noted. I really want a Love Is All We Have Left/Walk On segue. Maybe they can take a few shots at An Sung Su Kyi during?
  11. Originally posted by kris_smith87:[..]
    These “I love U2 but stop with the politics” posts have got to be trolls right? U2 is political. Shocking for them to change 40 year’s in right?

I get your point about “not their president” but they do sometimes live in the US and they definitely do business there. So go ahead.

Also your point about other leaders is also noted. I really want a Love Is All We Have Left/Walk On segue. Maybe they can take a few shots at An Sung Su Kyi during?
    That’s a good idea as a duo love is all we have left going into Walk on. Would love to have walk On back this tour anyway and the more songs they play from SOE the better, that is the album they’re touring after all.