1. Originally posted by thefly07:This is the most relevant topic I could think of to post this, but....Eugene Peterson, whom Bono was featured in a video about The Psalms, passed away today (10-22-18.) Wonder if Bono will address this in London.
    He will for sure.

2. If Bono snippets Peterson's 'The Message' incorrectly.

Don't push me cuz I'm close to the Edge.
  3. Bono must be sad. I asked Bono at the Amstel hotel in 2015. He said: “Eugene’s my hero. They’re incredible people, him and his wife. I just spend time with them at their house. I would be so lonely on the tour without his books.” A couple months later their interview was released. Thought that was incredible...
  4. Originally posted by NateV:Bono must be sad. I asked Bono at the Amstel hotel in 2015. He said: “Eugene’s my hero. They’re incredible people, him and his wife. I just spend time with them at their house. I would be so lonely on the tour without his books.” A couple months later their interview was released. Thought that was incredible...
    Thanks for sharing!
  5. Originally posted by NateV:Bono must be sad. I asked Bono at the Amstel hotel in 2015. He said: “Eugene’s my hero. They’re incredible people, him and his wife. I just spend time with them at their house. I would be so lonely on the tour without his books.” A couple months later their interview was released. Thought that was incredible...
    Yup, That video taken from Montana with Bono & Eugene was quite Epic. Very well shot.
  6. Originally posted by NateV:Bono must be sad. I asked Bono at the Amstel hotel in 2015. He said: “Eugene’s my hero. They’re incredible people, him and his wife. I just spend time with them at their house. I would be so lonely on the tour without his books.” A couple months later their interview was released. Thought that was incredible...
    Very sad , I really liked that interview at his home
  7. Will anyone be getting the latest Hot Press? I'm hoping some someone can snap some shots of their coverage of U2.
  8. https://www.u2songs.com/news/new_music_from_u2_in_2019

Apparently, U2 covered a T-Rex song (bang a gong, get it on). That could be interesting!

EDIT: I read now that recording took already place in september 2017, so old news I guess.... sorry about that!

" ...U2 have recorded the song “Bang A Gong (Get It On)”. The original track was released by T. Rex on their 1971 album Electric Warrior, and the song was released as a single, and became the groups only US hit. The song originally titled just “Get It On” was re-titled to avoid confusion with a song by another artist. The song as recorded by T. Rex hit the #1 spot on the UK singles chart, #10 in the Billboard Hot 100, and had strong chart placement around the world. The song was covered in 1985 by The Power Station, and that version did quite well in the charts. Bono has previously covered a T. Rex song with his friend Gavin Friday. They recorded the song “Children of the Revolution” for the Moulin Rouge soundtrack. Asked about Bolan, and who was the bigger fan, himself or Bono, Gavin Friday answered, “The way it worked in the ’70s is that I bought all the records and he nicked ‘em off me! I’m sure if you checked under his bed there’s a big pile of scratched T-Rex 45s belonging to yours truly.”

The T. Rex tribute album is being put together by longtime U2 collaborator, Hal Willner. Willner has been working on this tribute album since early 2017. Hal Willner worked extensively with Bono on the soundtrack to The Million Dollar Hotel. He also produced the album Rogue’s Gallery to which Bono contributed the song “A Dying Sailor to his Shipmates”....
    "