1. It was a weak excuse
  2. No, don't think thats an excuse. He's had problems with his back and his wrists etc before. Banging out SBS is his job, so he does it. Signing stuff isn't.
  3. Originally posted by Papo:No, don't think thats an excuse. He's had problems with his back and his wrists etc before. Banging out SBS is his job, so he does it. Signing stuff isn't.
    probably a bit of both. Some artists/top athletes are over cautious with the parts of the body that they make millions with. Of course signing won't stop him from playing the show, but if he feels like it's not the right preparation for the show then I think he has every right to use this as an excuse.
  4. This is at the airport after the show?

His hand was taped up during the show.
  5. Think in the future we maybe are more likely to see short tour legs spread over a longer period to reduce physical strain. For example JT30 in Europe was only 12 shows and this year has been 15 shows.

This is on the assumption they do stadium shows instead of arena. Whilst I think they enjoyed going to arenas with IE/EI tour (as did I ) at the end of the day it needs more shows to make the £££.
  6. Originally posted by U2nick88:Think in the future we maybe are more likely to see short tour legs spread over a longer period to reduce physical strain. For example JT30 in Europe was only 12 shows and this year has been 15 shows.

This is on the assumption they do stadium shows instead of arena. Whilst I think they enjoyed going to arenas with IE/EI tour (as did I ) at the end of the day it needs more shows to make the £££.
    This is probably what will happen.
  7. Originally posted by U2nick88:Think in the future we maybe are more likely to see short tour legs spread over a longer period to reduce physical strain. For example JT30 in Europe was only 12 shows and this year has been 15 shows.

I said something similar yesterday although it was in regards to touring places they’ve been this year again. I could really see the next album being toured in stadiums and over 2 years 4 or 5 legs maybe 2022/23. North America and Europe 1st year then they could perhaps do a South American tour then an Australasian tour the next year. I don’t know if they’ll feel the need to try and get back to South Africa as well. They could easily have plenty of time off between each leg and plan it in a way that gets plenty of shows in without being overly demanding.
  8. Originally posted by U2nick88:Think in the future we maybe are more likely to see short tour legs spread over a longer period to reduce physical strain. For example JT30 in Europe was only 12 shows and this year has been 15 shows.

U2 will be like the Stones. Makes sense. More touring yet shorter and bigger.
  9. If they keep playing in bigger stadiums hopefully they can sort out their sound issues