1. Tom Morello, perhaps?
  2. In general I think U2 needs a 2nd guitar player. Many songs will sound better, especially One and WOWY needs both an extra guitar update for a second life.
  3. They could have someone under the stage playing 🤷🏻‍♂️

See Blondie Chaplin with The Rolling Stones, although he was on stage
  4. I mean Dallas plays back up a lot so
  5. I think almost all bands but typically 4 piece bands (and some trios) should include a 2nd rhythm guitarist on stage as it sounds so much better. Even Bono's strumming which I love is better than when there is nothing. But every band I have heard live who include the extra musician whether it is percussion, guitar, keyboards, backing vocals almost always sound better live than without.

Especially for bands that use a lot of studio trickery and multiple layering and overdubbing in their albums. If I hear 2 guitars on the album, then there should be 2 guitarists onstage. Led Zeppelin is a band I love who I wished had added a touring guitarist back in their live days. Jimmy Page was a master much like the Edge does now in layering sounds and multiple guitar tracks on the songs yet live there was only one and the live sound suffered for it.

Now U2 does have a backstage keyboardist I believe and of course uses many samples and triggered sounds live but if they had a 2nd guitarist to thicken the sound and let Edge have a little more freedom I think it would be amazing. Especially now that Bono can't play guitar.
  6. Do you think we will ever see Bono play guitar again or is it pretty much a write off?
  7. Dallas actually does not play guitar during U2 shows. He's too busy getting Edge's next guitar ready, and paying attention to Edge's sound, pushing buttons and pedals to change his effects, etc. I believe he is so busy he even has his own assistant to help him during concerts.

The only time I recall Dallas playing backup guitar is in the video for "This Is", where he can be seen strumming an acoustic while Edge plays the electric guitar.

Terry Lawless, and Des Broadberry before him, play backup keyboards under the stage. Terry says they actually asked him if he wanted to be onstage, but prefers the anonymity of not being onstage. He's essentially the 5th member of U2, but he can still walk around in broad daylight and nobody will notice/bother him.
  8. MOST U2 songs (besides the early days, where their sound was mainly built around the rhythm section and Edge's delay effects) could benefit from a full on rhythm guitarist. Even something like ISHFWILF should have an acoustic strumming along.
  9. Joshua Tree Tour Sydney 2019/11/22 in u2torrents (new mix)
    I can't download it
  10. Originally posted by podiumboy:MOST U2 songs (besides the early days, where their sound was mainly built around the rhythm section and Edge's delay effects) could benefit from a full on rhythm guitarist. Even something like ISHFWILF should have an acoustic strumming along.
    The shimmer has been working well. They are fairly certain that they are not going to change the 4 piece visual.
  11. Pretty sure he’s mentioned playing some notes in the background at some point or maybe he mentioned to me when I met him I forget