1. Originally posted by miryclay:Brian Eno, "The Velvet Underground didn’t sell many records, but everyone who bought one went out and started a band."
    because they thought they could do better?
  2. Nope, just an inspiring album.
  3. Originally posted by MattG:In my personal opinion, any work’s level of influence is informed by its impact.

I think Sgt. Peppers is perhaps more inspirational than influential; the strongest lasting impact of those songs seems to be songwriting development, production style, and the artistic concept.

I would probably agree with Kieran and argue that VU is more influential due to the actual impact it had on rock music as a genre. Sgt. Peppers comes off to me as a great example of the apex of a sound - that album very much IS the Beatles’ crowning achievement, but it has predecessors that clearly build to it.

VU on the other hand completely changed what musicians - particularly in NYC - thought of rock music. Without the very first VU album, you have no pinpoint for garage / shoegaze / grunge / art rock really whatsoever. They wholly pioneered it.

So in short, I think both are masterpieces and they’ve both impacted / influenced in many ways. But if I had to pick one, I’d pick VU. The Beatles as a whole may be more influential in the entire musical universe, but between those two albums...VU was streets ahead.

Great points
  4. Finding Jack Charlton - Larry in the trailer & Edge’s name listed in the graphics

5. Too funny,The Edge in the graphics is the name of a movie from the same film makers of this I’ll get me coat....
  6. Who on earth would want to watch that. U2 fans included?
  7. I think a lot of people? But a movie about U2's career would be cooler, or make a trilogy about their career
  8. There would be holy murder in Ireland if it wasn't depected correctly.