1. As terrible versions go though he gave it a run for its money with his acoustic rendition of the fly lol. Thankfully Edge showed us how to perform an AB song acoustically with a good performance of Love Is Blindness.
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    As terrible versions go though he gave it a run for its money with his acoustic rendition of the fly lol. Thankfully Edge showed us how to perform an AB song acoustically with a good performance of Love Is Blindness.
    YES. Hauntingly beautiful version by The Edge, atrocious versions by Bono
  3. I must be the only person who likes Bono's version of So Cruel xd, but Bono's version of So Cruel in 2011 isn't the ZooTV acoustic?

4. New digital release of “I Believe in Father Christmas” to digital stores and streaming services with a new “cover” by Bono.
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Any plans on a physical release like they did with the 2008 release of this same song? I actually like the cover, although it makes it look like a proper Xmas song instead of the bittersweet song it initially was.
    It’s been released on “Greatest Christmas Songs” / “Greatest XMas Songs” compilation over the last few years. That’s available on vinyl each year in new colour pressings, and was done on CD last year.
  6. Originally posted by Damonio123:I must be the only person who likes Bono's version of So Cruel xd, but Bono's version of So Cruel in 2011 isn't the ZooTV acoustic?
    The 2011 version wasn't strong even for a spirited version of an acoustic number.
  7. Icymi

8. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    It’s been released on “Greatest Christmas Songs” / “Greatest XMas Songs” compilation over the last few years. That’s available on vinyl each year in new colour pressings, and was done on CD last year.
    Yeah I know. I was talking especifically about this "new" release with Bono's hand drawn cover. It would make a beautiful Xmas gift / decoration.
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Yeah I know. I was talking especifically about this "new" release with Bono's hand drawn cover. It would make a beautiful Xmas gift / decoration.
    I'd love to see them do a split single with "I Believe In Father Christmas" and "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" - toss it on a 7-inch, get Bono to do a doodle for both sides. Probably would excite me more than a few things they've done lately...
  10. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    I'd love to see them do a split single with "I Believe In Father Christmas" and "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" - toss it on a 7-inch, get Bono to do a doodle for both sides. Probably would excite me more than a few things they've done lately...
    Absolutely. That's as good as it gets for potential U2 Xmas releases. Not sure how good would it sell, but that's one item I'd buy for sure (and I'm no collector!).