1. Originally posted by WojBhoy[..]
    Ahaha! Clearly something's wrong lol...

ALSO just going back to the show in question with the acoustic Acrobat - according to
    here it never got played live....hmmm

It was'nt really live, because there wasn't any audience...so apparently it doesn't count
  2. Originally posted by RDB92The Zoo TV page from U2gigs (http://www.u2gigs.com/ZOO_TV_Tour.html) also lists that SBS was the opener once. And it's not that weird that they open with Sunday Bloddy Sunday and New Year's Day, because it's a rehearsal and they were playing those songs for the first time during Zoo TV, and would continue to do so the rest of the tour.

So it's not actually a proper show from the tour itself?
  3. Originally posted by RDB92[..]

It was'nt really live, because there was'nt any audience...so apparently it doesn't count

lol I see. Another thing was that on the list of songs and like how many times they were played, Pride apparently was played once more than stuff like UTEOTW and Zoo Station, which I thought were everpresent throughout the tour...got an answer for that particular nugget lol?
  4. Originally posted by WojBhoy[..]
    So it's not actually a proper show from the tour itself?

Yeah, it's a rehearsal, I don't know if you can count that as a real show, you should ask someone who's been to one... It is a full set of course, so maybe it's great and they connect with the audience just like on a real show, or maybe they ignore them, don't even use the normal stage, don't have MacPhisto do his speech, and just tell them: we're rehearsing, so we can stop anytime we want and if you don't like it just fuck off

lol I see. Another thing was that on the list of songs and like how many times they were played, Pride apparently was played once more than stuff like UTEOTW and Zoo Station, which I thought were everpresent throughout the tour...got an answer for that particular nugget lol?

I understand why Pride was performed after Streets, that's its usual spot. Maybe the first three songs were without audience, and from then on they got access. If the crowd comes in from Zoo Station, the setlist is pretty normal, although there are still some unusual spots for some songs.
  5. Originally posted by RDB92[..]

It was'nt really live, because there wasn't any audience...so apparently it doesn't count

Interesting. I didn't know it was a rehersal. U2 Tours said that tickets were $15, so I imagine there was a bit of an audience.

On a separate note, U2 tours doesn't list anything for the day before, when the acoustic Acrobat was recorded. Perhaps that came from a "real" rehearsal?
  6. Originally posted by haytrain[..]

Interesting. I didn't know it was a rehersal. U2 Tours said that tickets were $15, so I imagine there was a bit of an audience.

On a separate note, U2 tours doesn't list anything for the day before, when the acoustic Acrobat was recorded. Perhaps that came from a "real" rehearsal?

I thought that was interesting as well that they don't have that date listed. There's clearly people in that rehersal, though; you can hear them screaming during Acrobat.

That August 6, 1992 rehersal: http://www.u2start.com/topic/1598/
  7. Originally posted by AllBecauseOfU2[..]

I thought that was interesting as well that they don't have that date listed. There's clearly people in that rehersal, though; you can hear them screaming during Acrobat.

That August 6, 1992 rehersal: http://www.u2start.com/topic/1598/

Ah, thanks.
  8. Originally posted by haytrain[..]

Ah, thanks.

9. could someone send that version of Acrobat to me? (I'd prefer via e-mail, if you don't mind . I almost got in trouble last time... I think... ) I couldn't figure out how to download that "Jesus was..." album on Mirrorballboy's link. Thanks! Oh yeah, I almost forgot... quigs410@aol.com
  10. Oohhhhh... right right right right right.. OK. thanks
  11. Originally posted by U2NickOohhhhh... right right right right right.. OK. thanks

No problem. (downloading it myself at the moment!)