1. One minor problem with this show: Bono’s voice...
    Of course it’s a great thing playing in Sarajevo after the war.
  2. Originally posted by one8ung:U2
    September 23, 1997
    Kosevo Stadium
    Sarajevo

Source: FM
    Quality: excellent

Lineage: Silver CD "Sarajevo" > EAC > flac (8) > wav > Steinberg ME > Har-Bal > Waves S1 & L3 > CD Wave > TLH > flac (6)

Several versions of this show are circulating, mostly FM recordings.
    I've also seen an incomplete pre-FM source and a remaster by the great thir13en with four damaged tracks, but I've never heard the complete show in good quality.
    To my ears, WW1 didn't do an excellent job EQ-wise. It just didn't sound like U2.
    In addition the first track is damaged because Edge's voice was mixed in much too loud, suppressing the music.
    Moreover, the FM recording I had suffered from about twenty tiny gaps, digiclicks and fades.
    The SA showed a big drop at 16kHz, but it doesn't look worse to me than a lot of other FM or SBD recordings I've seen.
    This show is very emotional and to me the best and most enjoyable of the Popmart era. Worth a lot of trouble to get things right.
    I ran the low-end through a compressor to achieve a warm and tight low. I used the Steinberg "Spectralizer" to gain some clarity.
    The Har-Bal EQ was used to achieve a more natural sound. All in all, it sounds like U2 playing in a stadium now: big, rich and detailed.
    Finally I repaired the clicks and gaps, and glued the different parts together to a seamless show.
    No fades halfway the show: if you want to burn it, apply fades where you want them with Nero.

Enjoy & play it loud.

noiseless

01 Theme M:I > Pop Muzik
    02 Mofo
    03 I Will Follow
    04 Gone
    05 Even Better Than The Real Thing
    06 Last Night On Earth
    07 Until The End Of The World
    08 New Year's Day
    09 Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    10 I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For > Stand By Me
    11 All I Want Is You
    12 Staring At The Sun
    13 Sunday Bloody Sunday
    14 Bullet The Blue Sky
    15 Please
    16 Where The Streets Have No Name
    17 Lemon [Perfecto Mix]
    18 Discotheque
    19 If You Wear That Velvet Dress
    20 With Or Without You
    21 Miss Sarajevo
    22 Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
    23 Mysterious Ways
    24 One
    25 Unchained Melody

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://we.tl/t-oTg2wrKtVB

Thank you from the bottom of my heart !!
  3. Re-upped to our show pages in FLAC, thanks a lot @one8ung
  4. Listening to it rn - absolutely top quality thank u all and great job

Crowd absolutely hot and love the intro of Mofo
  5. Tbh I find it a bit of a funny little coincidence that Bono's voice goes during LNOE considering he lost his voice when they recorded the studio version
  6. Originally posted by GayThePrayAway:Tbh I find it a bit of a funny little coincidence that Bono's voice goes during LNOE considering he lost his voice when they recorded the studio version
    As a singer I can testify to LNOE being one of the hardest songs to belt out at concert volume. Not easy at all.
  7. Yep, absolutely; very hard to sing, it's amazing that they kept it in the set for the whole tour, considering that Bono struggled with his voice on some nights.
  8. Originally posted by Papo:Yep, absolutely; very hard to sing, it's amazing that they kept it in the set for the whole tour, considering that Bono struggled with his voice on some nights.
    on most* nights Agreed.
  9. God the SBS drum beat during Please is always spine tingling.
  10. The extended outro of Streets is underrated personally
  11. Never been a true fan of the Popmart version of Streets but the segue from Please (including the SBS drum snippet which is awesome as you point out) is amazing, and the fact they just "tried" something different with Streets has extra points - even if it's not my cup of tea musically.
  12. Agree (in case of the studio version)