1. has the album leaked yet?

Ive listened to Spaceman and the other songs, they sound very similar to their previous stuff only with saxophones.

losing touch (live) is not very good, i don't know why the reviews are calling it the best song on the album.

I still like Human the best out of all the new songs, including Neon Tiger, Joy Ride and the two above. Its catchy, and I like the lyrics in the second verse, the only thing i don't get is why he sings "are we human, or are we dancer" shouldn't it be dancers? it makes even less sense without the s.

I still think the Killers are the best new band though. They are definitely better than Green Day, Blink 182 etc. And they are not the new Oasis, they are better than that (aside from Wonderwall, and Don't Look Back in Anger all Oasis's stuff sounds the same), but maybe not as funny (you have to love the Gallaghers)

BTW does anyone think u2's first albums Boy,October were better than Hot Fuss, Sam's Town?
    ie did the Killers achieve mainstream success before u2?
    I always thought that U2 was a band that began quite unremarkable, but then flowered with UF/JT into the biggest band in the world it is today.

I don't think they can be the next u2 however, they don't have the Irishness or the larger than life way of writing, which I think makes U2 so unique.

But then I doubt anyone these days can, its a very different time, the music landscape has shifted.
    U2 are indeed 'the last of the rockstars, when hip-hop drove the big cars'
  2. Originally posted by vanquish:
    I still like Human the best out of all the new songs, including Neon Tiger, Joy Ride and the two above. Its catchy, and I like the lyrics in the second verse, the only thing i don't get is why he sings "are we human, or are we dancer" shouldn't it be dancers? it makes even less sense without the s.

Originally posted by Brandon
    It's taken from a quote by [author Hunter S.] Thompson. ... 'We're raising a generation of dancers,' and I took it and ran. I guess it bothers people that it's not grammatically correct, but I think I'm allowed to do whatever I want," he laughed. " 'Denser'? I hadn't heard that one. I don't like 'denser.'

3. So he's leaving out the s on purpose, or is he referring to the entire lyric being wrong gramatically.
    It reminds me of Exit from the Paris 1987 show, where Bono sings: "Gloria, G-L-O-R-A etc" and misses the i, highly annoying.
  4. Originally posted by vanquish:[..]

So he's leaving out the s on purpose, or is he referring to the entire lyric being wrong gramatically.
    It reminds me of Exit from the Paris 1987 show, where Bono sings: "Gloria, G-L-O-R-A etc" and misses the i, highly annoying.

I think he just leaves it out on purpose. The "I" in G-L-O-R-I-A is pronounced by Bono, though.

5. Well, not in the Paris performance (I think he pronounces the I only once or twice). Anyone else notice or is it just me?
  6. Originally posted by vanquish:[..]

Well, not in the Paris performance (I think he pronounces the I only once or twice). Anyone else notice or is it just me?

I checked it yesterday when you wrote about it cause I never noticed that. And I think it's just you.
    Check how Bono is trying to spell Elevation on the Irving Plaza gig, though.
  7. Hhahaahahaha fantastic. Never noticed it xDD

PS. You're fucking off topic, guys
  8. The Killers - Live at the Royal Albert Hall - 2008-11-03 (Radio Broadcast)

I've got this from a torrent over at the PirateBay, but the whole concert was uploaded as just one mp3-file, so I've split it into separate tracks. Since the source is the broadcast from BBC Radio 1, the sound quality is of course excellent. However the bit rate is only 128 kb/s . Hopefully a version with a higher bit rate will pop up soon, but for now, this'll have to do.

Setlist:
    01 Human
    02 For Reasons Unknown
    03 Smile Like You Mean It
    04 Jenny Was a Friend of Mine
    05 Somebody Told Me
    06 Sweet Talk
    07 Losing Touch
    08 Spaceman
    09 Sam's Town
    10 Read My Mind
    11 Joyride
    12 Bones
    13 Shadowplay
    14 Mr. Brightside
    15 Neon Tiger
    16 All These Things That I've Done
    17 When You Were Young

Lineage:
    BBC Radio 1 broadcast > Torrent on the Pirate Bay > mp3@128 > Pistons Software's Direct WAV MP3 Splitter > Audacity (Only Human for fade in, Read My Mind for a gap fix and When You Were Young for fade out) > mp3@128

http://www.mediafire.com/?mdbnewztcmj
  9. Originally posted by RDB92:The Killers - Live at the Royal Albert Hall - 2008-11-03 (Radio Broadcast)

I've got this from a torrent over at the PirateBay, but the whole concert was uploaded as just one mp3-file, so I've split it into separate tracks. Since the source is the broadcast from BBC Radio 1, the sound quality is of course excellent. However the bit rate is only 128 kb/s . Hopefully a version with a higher bit rate will pop up soon, but for now, this'll have to do.

Setlist:
    01 Human
    02 For Reasons Unknown
    03 Smile Like You Mean It
    04 Jenny Was a Friend of Mine
    05 Somebody Told Me
    06 Sweet Talk
    07 Losing Touch
    08 Spaceman
    09 Sam's Town
    10 Read My Mind
    11 Joyride
    12 Bones
    13 Shadowplay
    14 Mr. Brightside
    15 Neon Tiger
    16 All These Things That I've Done
    17 When You Were Young

Lineage:
    BBC Radio 1 broadcast > Torrent on the Pirate Bay > mp3@128 > Pistons Software's Direct WAV MP3 Splitter > Audacity (Only Human for fade in, Read My Mind for a gap fix and When You Were Young for fade out) > mp3@128

http://www.mediafire.com/?mdbnewztcmj

Thanks for the upload
  10. The guys were great on the MTV awards. Best performance of the evening.
  11. I've really gotten into The Killers the past few months, to the point they're probably now my second favorite band (after U2, of course). I've heard most of the new album, and absolutely LOVE the song, "This is Your Life." I can't stop listening to it. Search for it on Youtube, and you'll find it. The one thing that makes me a tad melancholy when I hear it is it reminds me of the type of daring creativity U2 used to have, which I felt was lacking on HTDAAB. I really do hope U2's new album is better than HTDAAB (yes, I know it's a matter of opinion, but still...), otherwise I think I'm going to have to finally admit that U2's best days are indeed behind them. That would be depressing. But I'm not ready to do that quite yet, so hopefully I'll be wrong...
  12. Originally posted by APOED:I've really gotten into The Killers the past few months, to the point they're probably now my second favorite band (after U2, of course). I've heard most of the new album, and absolutely LOVE the song, "This is Your Life." I can't stop listening to it. Search for it on Youtube, and you'll find it. The one thing that makes me a tad melancholy when I hear it is it reminds me of the type of daring creativity U2 used to have, which I felt was lacking on HTDAAB. I really do hope U2's new album is better than HTDAAB (yes, I know it's a matter of opinion, but still...), otherwise I think I'm going to have to finally admit that U2's best days are indeed behind them. That would be depressing. But I'm not ready to do that quite yet, so hopefully I'll be wrong...

Welcome to U2Start y'all!

Why don't you introduce yourself here!

http://u2start.com/posttopic/13/

Welcome!!