1. I do like POP also....
  2. I do like POP also....
  3. Jus listened to my Pop vinyl, damn it IS a bloody good record.

4. No idea how to put the gif, so I'm agreeing with you with the image
  5. Its awesome.....
  6. Its awesome.....
  7. Damn fine album, nothing wrong with that....
  8. At the time i was under the impression this was the beginning of the decline of U2,it seemed for the first time they were an old band trying to stay hip by going all dancey and bringing in people like Howie B to attract younger fans,of course the albums sales (for U2 standards at least) and poor concert crowds seem to only strengthen those feelings.
    I do like the album and enjoy a bit of Popmart but Bono's dancing on Mofo makes me cringe even nowadays.
    With ZOOTV they were edgy,being brave,changing the landscape and not giving a shit,with Pop it felt like they conformed.
    Imo ATYCLB and the Elevation Tour saved them,Bono himself "we're reapplying for the job of best band on the planet",looking back they clearly got the job.
  9. At the time i was under the impression this was the beginning of the decline of U2,it seemed for the first time they were an old band trying to stay hip by going all dancey and bringing in people like Howie B to attract younger fans,of course the albums sales (for U2 standards at least) and poor concert crowds seem to only strengthen those feelings.
    I do like the album and enjoy a bit of Popmart but Bono's dancing on Mofo makes me cringe even nowadays.
    With ZOOTV they were edgy,being brave,changing the landscape and not giving a shit,with Pop it felt like they conformed.
    Imo ATYCLB and the Elevation Tour saved them,Bono himself "we're reapplying for the job of best band on the planet",looking back they clearly got the job.
  10. Originally posted by kris_smith87:[..]
    So I HATE Taylor Swift but I hate on her, not people that like her. That IQ statement doesn't sit well with me. Music is subjective AF, who are you to decide someone isn't smart or intelligent based on the music that makes them feel things?

Also that said I LOVE Pop too. <3
    The way her fans reacted to Tool dethroning her at #1 (awesome) makes me feel they are a little .........
  11. They aren't far removed from One Direction and MJ fans who send death threats to Media/journalists if they dare criticize their idols some of them are still sore over TJT winning best album over MJs Bad in 1988 ,U2 have had their fair share of OTT criticism over the years with Rattle and Hum,POP and Apple gate receiving unjust criticism but I don't remember fans rallying up against the critics like some sort of vigilante mob then again social media wasn't around and when it was for SOI the older fans couldn't be bothered to defend their band online against the young self absorbed millennials.

12. If the band said "Look, we're gonna play a whole album and any album post AB so whaddaya wanna hear?" - because Bono really talk like that

I'd say without a micro-second's hesitation...

...can I hear POP please

The rawness. The self-deprecation. The lack of, well, 'pop' tunes. The disco-massacre that is, well, Discotheque. Edge forgetting to bring his 'How To Over Produce And Polish An Album Until It's So Perfectly Done That It Has Lost Itself Up Its Own Ass' tome. Larry, feckin Larry, looking mean and sounding meaner. Adam looking so cool that even coolness itself takes out a lawsuit and files for jealousy. Bono forgetting to be earnest and even even even swearing GODDAMMIT! Bring me the head of ATYCLB and let's dance on its rotting corpse!

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

.....FFFFFFFFFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO