1. A new backlight for my Korg A3 arrived today from Germany. The old one was pretty much dead. Loosened a lot of screws and brought out the soldering iron. Very happy with the end result. Now I can see what I'm doing on it

A before and an after pic+what it looks like opened up:

2. I really want a Korg A3. Not for the U2 sounds, just to muck around with it. Looks like a superb device to play with to find various sounds.
  3. It sounds EXCELLENT judging from the comments at the U2 GUitar facebook group. As if a Les Paul and a Strat had sex. Superb sustain and more balanced tone than most standard strats.

£1200 excess capital sounds like a pipe dream to me
  4. Looks great! I actually like the 70s style headstock. Although not a fan of the Edge logo on the headstock on this guitar. Couldn't they have put it on back? Oh well, I'm only nitpicking really.
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:It sounds EXCELLENT judging from the comments at the U2 GUitar facebook group. As if a Les Paul and a Strat had sex. Superb sustain and more balanced tone than most standard strats.

£1200 excess capital sounds like a pipe dream to me
    Especially with my drinking habits...

(Say what!?)

Sounds like one hello of a combo. I mean, I'd take it such as it is regardless, but I've always preferred darkwood fretboards, the thinner headstock, and black scratch-plates.

Prefer darker finishes too but having said that, this is my current next axe of choice:

http://intl.fender.com/en-GB/guitars/stratocaster/modern-player-stratocaster-hss-rosewood-fingerboard-olympic-white/

*dribbles*

Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:Looks great! I actually like the 70s style headstock. Although not a fan of the Edge logo on the headstock on this guitar. Couldn't they have put it on back? Oh well, I'm only nitpicking really.

Agree re. the sig, but yeah, certainly not a major bugbear. Just glad to see our boy finally getting recognised with his own model!
  6. NO FUCKING WAY
  7. I wish he'd gone for a black pickguard. For me the white pickguard gives it instantly a cheap look or something. I dont know what it is. I'm also curious what the added value of this guitar is over a standard strat. I believe Edges uses loads of standard strats by himself. It's nice tho that Fender chose to make this one.
  8. What a beautiful piece of equipment. I want! I need!
  9. I dreamt about that guitar for a looooong time.

Even though my Edge wannabe days are over, I feel that it's my job to acquire that guitar.