1. Or alternatively, don't post in this topic
  2. PS I really, really liked The Circle. My favourite of theirs after Keep The Faith. There you are.
  3. Originally posted by popmarter:This is a U2 website not a hairspay big boots and naff tunes tribute page ,if you are so engrossed with the thrash like that type in "discountable fake ,havent released a good tune since the 80s" and hey presto Bon jovi will appear.

just googled that phrase; surprisingly, no mention of Bon Jovi.

you reckon, Dan? the only songs I enjoy are Happy Now, Learn To Love and (at a push) Superman Tonight. and Love's The Only Rule would be good if the lyrics weren't as lazily written.

that song's a blinder until you get to the embarrassing lyric "flying like an aeroplane, i'm alive like a lonely note from John Coltrane", and the god awful "think about it, wouldn't that be cool, if love's the only rule?". which is a shame, 'coz that one had crazy good potential.

just my opinion, of course. maybe i'm being too harsh?

4. I have to confess to not listening to Jovi in anywhere near the same depth as U2 - it's more a in the car or while I work thing for me. So, melodically, it hits all the spots for me. Especially Thorn In My Side, Brokenpromiseland and Love's The Only Rule.
  5. the tour will continue without Richie Sambora
    health problems or much more probably disintossication matter
  6. For how long?
  7. it's not known .. here the statement from the official site

"Our support for Richie is absolute. He is, and will remain, a member of Bon Jovi. Although he will be absent from upcoming shows for the time being, we very much look forward to his healthy return. In the meantime, we will keep our commitment to our fans and continue our tour."
  8. yeah, apparently he's checking himself into rehab for a mix of alcoholism and general exhaustion.

a bon jovi show without richie is just wrong though, if i were them i'd postpone the rest of the tour.
  9. agree .. Bon Jovi without Richie is another band.
    maybe it will take too much long for the rehab for postponing the tour, who knows
    it's certainly a hard hit for the band ..
  10. Hope Richie gets better soon!!! There's nothing wrong with Bon Jovi either - yeah, like U2 they've got a lot of crap music incidentally from the same decade - but still, they rock harder than most bands out there at the moment pretending they rock (e.g. Aerosmith).
  11. agreed, american idol made steven tyler effectively dead to me. at least for the time being. no matter what you think about jon, he's not got to that stage yet.

12. Originally posted by wangmaster:agreed, american idol made steven tyler effectively dead to me. at least for the time being. no matter what you think about jon, he's not got to that stage yet.

If you wanna see how far he's come from hard rock and blues (not that it's like anything new) check out a song called Oxygen by Aerosmith. He's re-recorded it and is going to be his first solo single. What this means is Steven Tyler has forgot how to rock. Sad indeed.