1. ^ yeah same, to be honest i at least like (if not 'love') anything that predates the Circle. i just know that most people think they got bland and nickelbackish post-2000.
  2. Yeah I see where that argument is coming from. Hated Lost Highway, however.
  3. Originally posted by iTim:As a casual fan of Bon Jovi, I've just listened to their Greatest Hits album, some songs I hadn't heard before. Thoroughly good listen on the whole, might start picking up some of their studio albums from now on.

Well I picked up Bon Jovi, 7800° Fahrenheit, These Days, Crush, One Wild Night and This Left Feels Right since the quoted post. Definitely more than just 'into' them now Next stop, Slippery When Wet.

Favourite album so far...possibly Bon Jovi. Haven't listened to 7800° Fahrenheit yet though. Runaway, She Don't Know Me, Shot Through The Heart are all fantastic tracks. Runaway is right up there with my favourites from the aformentioned Greatist Hits.
  4. The first album is the best. She Don't Know Me is fucking awesome.

5. Come Back, Runaway and Roulette are sweet too. Good mix of hard rock, glam and pop rock. You should try getting a copy of Jon's Power Station recordings too - if you like the first album those recordings), it's well worth trying to find it.

If you're not sure if you want to, look up All Talk, No Action and listen to that. To me it sounds like the natural evolution of something like Blaze Of Glory to a less modern version of Queen Of New Orleans.
  6. Just for the hell of it, ranking the albums:

Slippery When Wet
    New Jersey-so close to being my #1
    Crush-my 3 through 7 are all very good to me, very difficult to rank
    Lost Highway-some country sounds, but a good pop rock album first
    Destination Anywhere-some really good songs
    Keep The Faith-tough to follow up the early huge albums
    Have A Nice Day-not the bad album people claim it is
    Bounce-Undivided one of many good songs
    These Days-would have been better with Always and Saturday
    7800 Farenheit-still looking for their sound
    Blaze of Glory-fun solo album with some great guests
    Bon Jovi-solid debut with a little filler
    The Circle-by far my least favorite. In fact, the Greatest Hits collection's four new songs were better than anything here. The only Bon Jovi album I cannot listen to without major skipping.

7. fun little snippet cover, starts around a minute or so in.
  8. New dates announced today for Canada:

February 13, 2013 - Montreal , Bell Centre
    February 17, 2013 - Toronto, Air Canada Centre
    February 20, 2013 - Ottawa, Scotiabank Place
    April 2, 2013 - Calgary, Scotiabank Saddledome
    April 3, 2013 - Edmonton, Rexall Place
    April 5, 2013 - Winnipeg, MTS Centre

With U.S. dates to be announced in the coming weeks, Bon Jovi will also tour throughout Europe, the Far East, Africa, Latin America and Australia.

Announcing Bon Jovi: Because We Can - The Tour

The best just got bigger. Bringing their signature brand of rock ‘n’ roll back to the people, Bon Jovi will hit the road in 2013 to fill stadiums and arenas worldwide with Bon Jovi Because We Can – The Tour.

Blazing a trail across the globe, the tour will kick off in North America in February, just in time for Valentine’s Day, and travel throughout Europe, the Far East, Africa, Latin America and Australia. The band’s return to the road in 2013 will cap an incredible run which has secured Bon Jovi’s status as the essential live rock band – having performed more than 2,700 concerts in over 50 countries for more than 35 million fans, and earning the #1 grossing worldwide tour twice in just three years.

Because We Can – The Tour will also debut brand new songs from new album What About Now, due out in Spring 2013, loading even more ammunition into the band’s huge arsenal of hits including “Livin’ on a Prayer,” “You Give Love a Bad Name,” “Who Says You Can’t Go Home,” “It’s My Life,” and many more.
  9. does it take 1 month and half to travel from Ottawa to Calgary??? hehe
  10. Bon Jovi crew