1. Streets and Follow where broadcast live on Irish TV, a short segment in From the sky down indicates that more footage exists from those four shows, at least from one more show.
  2. Besides Dublin 1993 a release from one of the Point Depot shows would be the holy grail for me.
  3. It’s not my favourite tour but definitely I’d still enjoy a dvd/blu Ray of the show. At least we got an audio release though.
  4. Originally posted by Flashbax:Were these gigs in the Point caught on camera? And if so, did any of that footage saw the light some day? Or would it possible to get a future release?

It was meant to be televised around the world but was pulled quite late because of broadcasting issues probably because they couldn't get enough TV stations to show it live as they probably had their own programmes locked in for that time schedule, but I'm sure there is a complete version of it as they'd hardly put a full crew in place to film just 2 songs, somebody needs to open the bands vaults and release the best unseen footage and audio as there must be hundreds of professionally recorded gigs that fans would be extremely interested in seeing .
  5. Ah interesting! Thanks for the info. I saw the Sydney 1989 footage the other day, and I was amazed how good they sounded that tour. I never liked the sound of the The Point Depot concerts, the (circulating) recording aren't the best imo. Just like I think Sydney 1993 sounds horrible comparing to Dublin 1993.
  6. Originally posted by Flashbax:Ah interesting! Thanks for the info. I saw the Sydney 1989 footage the other day, and I was amazed how good they sounded that tour. I never liked the sound of the The Point Depot concerts, the (circulating) recording aren't the best imo. Just like I think Sydney 1993 sounds horrible comparing to Dublin 1993.
    Dublin 30/12/89 was fantastic the best time I ever saw U2 the sound was fantastic
  7. Originally posted by Flashbax:Ah interesting! Thanks for the info. I saw the Sydney 1989 footage the other day, and I was amazed how good they sounded that tour. I never liked the sound of the The Point Depot concerts, the (circulating) recording aren't the best imo. Just like I think Sydney 1993 sounds horrible comparing to Dublin 1993.
    Yup!
  8. Originally posted by Flashbax:Ah interesting! Thanks for the info. I saw the Sydney 1989 footage the other day, and I was amazed how good they sounded that tour. I never liked the sound of the The Point Depot concerts, the (circulating) recording aren't the best imo. Just like I think Sydney 1993 sounds horrible comparing to Dublin 1993.
    What's exactly what you don't like about the sound of the Point Depot bootlegs? They sound pretty freaking good if you ask me.

9. Hi' To All
    Should this boxset be from the same source ?
    It's Called All The Promisses ..
    How to check the original bitrate ...
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    What's exactly what you don't like about the sound of the Point Depot bootlegs? They sound pretty freaking good if you ask me.
    I have CDs from the 26th and 27th, on the latter the guitar is a bit too low in the mix. 26th sounds fine to me.
    I also think they sounded fine on that tour, especially the guitar and drums sounding much better than in 1987.
  11. Originally posted by Papo:[..]
    I have CDs from the 26th and 27th, on the latter the guitar is a bit too low in the mix. 26th sounds fine to me.
    I also think they sounded fine on that tour, especially the guitar and drums sounding much better than in 1987.
    Yeah the balance of the instruments is not the best throghout the 4 Point recordings, and there are sporadic dropouts and interference... But all things considered it's 4 superb recordings of 4 superb concerts.
  12. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Yeah the balance of the instruments is not the best throghout the 4 Point recordings, and there are sporadic dropouts and interference... But all things considered it's 4 superb recordings of 4 superb concerts.

Absolutely! Considering it was in 1989, it was and is absolutely remarkeble and fantastic to have recordings in that quality from four nights (in a row), from shows from in their hometown. As far as I remember, in 1990 (when I got the tapes of the shows), there were hardly any soundboard recordings around. We had Berlin from 1981, Loreley and US Festival from 1983, Dortmund from 1984 and a few radio appereances. No soundboard from 1985 or 1987 (except for the fantastic Live Aid performance). From 1987 the best sounding recording - close to soundboard - was Chicago (Rosemont Horizon), which you could buy at local stores that ran quickly out of stock. Of course there were more recordings being traded on cassettes, but those tapes from the four shows at the Point Depot were a holy grail unearthed.