1. near impossible. Did we even have 1 proper soundboard from Vertigo? Barring Vancouver (rumored to be a pro-shot audio rip) and those Sydney clips we don't have 1 proper soundboard. Good luck
  2. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]

near impossible. Did we even have 1 proper soundboard from Vertigo? Barring Vancouver (rumored to be a pro-shot audio rip) and those Sydney clips we don't have 1 proper soundboard. Good luck

so the ALD thing can't happen? Damn... I guess taping coldplay and the who will be tough
  3. Sao Paulo and Buenos Aires don't count?

And the ALD thing is interesting to me... I was being trained on my school's new theater's sound system today, and my teacher showed us what was broadcasting the ALD signal for it (the State of Texas required small theaters to have them too, I guess), and that piqued my interest even more. It wouldn't be too difficult to ask for an ALD device, plug it into my laptop, and record it to FLAC with Audacity...
  4. Originally posted by digitize:Sao Paulo and Buenos Aires don't count?

And the ALD thing is interesting to me... I was being trained on my school's new theater's sound system today, and my teacher showed us what was broadcasting the ALD signal for it (the State of Texas required small theaters to have them too, I guess), and that piqued my interest even more. It wouldn't be too difficult to ask for an ALD device, plug it into my laptop, and record it to FLAC with Audacity...

I wonder if my school has one so I can record whatever song i may perform...
  5. Originally posted by digitize: It wouldn't be too difficult to ask for an ALD device, plug it into my laptop, and record it to FLAC with Audacity...

That is, assuming that no one stops you for bringing a laptop into the show....

6. If you're performing, ask whomever is at the soundboard to record it for you at the source. It will be a higher-quality recording. I don't know how your school's theater works, but both of the theaters at my school have CD recorders next to their respective boards, so it's very easy to record the mix.

7. Hmm... could I bring my camcorder in, and run a cable from the ALD receiver into the mic-in port on the camcorder? Then extract the audio later? I've never been to a U2 show (seriously!), but, based on the number of camcorder shots of the last two tours on YouTube, it doesn't look like it's that hard to get one in.
  8. Originally posted by digitize:[..]

Hmm... could I bring my camcorder in, and run a cable from the ALD receiver into the mic-in port on the camcorder? Then extract the audio later? I've never been to a U2 show (seriously!), but, based on the number of camcorder shots of the last two tours on YouTube, it doesn't look like it's that hard to get one in.

Depends on the security at the arena, IMO. U2 probably aren't too excited that you're in there filming, but it's my understanding that most of the security at the gigs is local and employed by the venue. I am open to being corrected....
  9. Originally posted by haytrain:[..]

Depends on the security at the arena, IMO. U2 probably aren't too excited that you're in there filming, but it's my understanding that most of the security at the gigs is local and employed by the venue. I am open to being corrected....

As a Security Officer I can tell you that most of the concerts involve local securities. I don't know of too many bands that bring in their own security besides the personal ones. U2 have always been open to bootlegging their shows. They should know that it happens at almost every gig of theirs. From my own personal and professional experience security seems much more laxed than say 10 to 15 years ago. It wouldn't hurt to know someone from the inside too...(aka ME). If I saw one of you bringing in a camcorder or audio recorder the only thing I would ask you is when do I get my copy.