1. U2s 360 tour was more influential than we thought not that they invented playing in the round but made it a more viable and better option as a touring Stage for the big acts, Ed Sheeran has a similar setup for his tour. Metallica also playing completely different setlists for consecutive nights something U2 bottled out of on the I&E tour .
  2. Originally posted by popmarter:[image]
    U2s 360 tour was more influential than we thought not that they invented playing in the round but made it a more viable and better option as a touring Stage for the big acts, Ed Sheeran has a similar setup for his tour. Metallica also playing completely different setlists for consecutive nights something U2 bottled out of on the I&E tour .
    U2 did nothing new. Metallica has a podium in the middle for years and years. And other artist even longer before that.

And playing different songs every night is something that Pearl Jam and Radiohead for example are doing for even more years and years. Metalica has pushed it even further though. Gonna see them this June in Gothenburg 🥳
  3. Originally posted by popmarter:[image]
    U2s 360 tour was more influential than we thought not that they invented playing in the round but made it a more viable and better option as a touring Stage for the big acts, Ed Sheeran has a similar setup for his tour. Metallica also playing completely different setlists for consecutive nights something U2 bottled out of on the I&E tour .
    U2 literally invented the B stage with ZOO tv aswell remember
  4. Originally posted by Zwervervriend:[..]
    U2 did nothing new. Metallica has a podium in the middle for years and years. And other artist even longer before that.

And playing different songs every night is something that Pearl Jam and Radiohead for example are doing for even more years and years. Metalica has pushed it even further though. Gonna see them this June in Gothenburg 🥳
    A Podium????Not a proper 360 stage for outdoors they didn't, and yeah some other bands played in the centre but not for a full Global stadium tour, not many bands could do it as you need to be selling 90% of tickets to make it viable AC⚡️DC ,Macca ,Foo fighters, Metallica, GnR would be a safe bet to pull it off.
  5. Will be heading to Paris in just over two weeks for the two nights,I was lucky to have a snakepit pass for Prague last year,one of the best concert experiences I've had in nearly 35 years of attending concerts.
  6. Originally posted by Zwervervriend:[..]

You might want to check cunning stunts to see Metallica playing with a stage in the center of an arena….in 1997
  7. Originally posted by popmarter:[image]
    They didn’t sell out. Lots of tickets onsale last thursday. Great concept: two nights two different setlists. And One from Metallica is my fav.
  8. Originally posted by Pipo:[..]
    They didn’t sell out. Lots of tickets onsale last thursday. Great concept: two nights two different setlists. And One from Metallica is my fav.
    I still don't understand which genious have thought it was a good idea to play Amsterdam on Kingsday. Ticketsales were doomed to fail.
  9. Originally posted by Zwervervriend:[..]
    I still don't understand which genious have thought it was a good idea to play Amsterdam on Kingsday. Ticketsales were doomed to fail.
    Think you'll find most of these dates won't sell out,not everybody wants to go two nights no matter where,suits me fine though. Going hitting some shows in 24 also.
  10. Originally posted by Zwervervriend:[..]
    Yep... A lot of trapped sections to hide the unsold seats...
  11. *trapped=tarped
    Stupid phone autocorrect