1. Hey everyone,

With much anticipation I bought, finally, the under a blood red sky DVD last friday. But much to my surprise it doesn't work well in my Sony DVD recorder. Black and white and bad sound. It works perfectly in my JVC player, but with smaller TV. It also works on my laptop. You can expect it from illegaly burned DVD's from the net, but not brand new ones bought in a store.

Does anyone had similar problems and how come?

Thanx.
  2. Originally posted by petrus:Hey everyone,

With much anticipation I bought, finally, the under a blood red sky DVD last friday. But much to my surprise it doesn't work well in my Sony DVD recorder. Black and white and bad sound. It works perfectly in my JVC player, but with smaller TV. It also works on my laptop. You can expect it from illegaly burned DVD's from the net, but not brand new ones bought in a store.

Does anyone had similar problems and how come?

Thanx.

Played b&w in my PS3 through one TV but fine on another TV.
  3. What type of connections are you guys running your DVD players on? SCART, HDMI, VGA...

4. It was only scart. I dnt have my new tv yet so i was using my old shitty one. Played fine on other sets tho. Not too worried.
  5. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]

It was only scart. I dnt have my new tv yet so i was using my old shitty one. Played fine on other sets tho. Not too worried.

SCART more than likely will have issues with the way this DVD has been transferred from an old to new medium. Happens to me with the Sydney and Mexico DVD, and I would highly doubt in the last few years they've changed the way the transfers happen.

I just got mine, and when I pop it into the DVD player with the plasma it sounds like a tractor racing, like a poorly burnt CD and skipped and stuttered like nobody's business. Chucked into my 360 and PC DVD player, and nothing happens like that. Great picture and 5.1 sound is not half-bad for a show of this age, considering DVD and 5.1 wasn't even thought of at that time. How very odd. But it did come up in colour, so that's a good start.

EDIT: Returned, exchanged within 30 seconds and happily playing.