1. alright, hi everyone! I don't know if any of you uses or has used MATLAB, but the (amazing) software produces these figure files with the .fig extension. I don't have MATLAB on my current computer, and I have some figure files that need to be printed tonight...do you know a (free) downloadable software that can be used to just view these files?
  2. I haven't used MatLab before, but is this the app you're after? Open-source too, so it's definitely free.

http://www.scilab.org/
  3. hmm, Dan, that one seems to be an image editor, like Photoshop, no good for me. And Drew's software is a nice open source software for computation, like MATLAB, but it doesn't say anything about opening MATLAB's files ....anyway, thanks guys, it was urgent last night, now I've managed to find MATLAB itself and will use it for the job, thanks a lot anyway
  4. Originally posted by Ali709:hmm, Dan, that one seems to be an image editor, like Photoshop, no good for me. And Drew's software is a nice open source software for computation, like MATLAB, but it doesn't say anything about opening MATLAB's files ....anyway, thanks guys, it was urgent last night, now I've managed to find MATLAB itself and will use it for the job, thanks a lot anyway

good to know you got it sorted.