1. Give me alopecia and $100 million any day of the week, life can’t be that bad for poor Jada
  2. Bald jokes are off limits now for EVERYONE. I don't doubt that it's difficult for a woman to lose her hair but I'm sure many men over the years have been devastated by it but consistently get mocked.

https://i.gifer.com/3vh6.gif
  3. That’s not how life works. Things effect everyone differently. Money doesn’t solve everyone’s problems either. I suspect Jada probably is doing ok but neither of us know and having $100million isn’t going to make her feel better about having alopecia. It would be ignorant in the year 2022 to think that money is such an important factor to how someone feels mentally.
  4. Bald jokes are off limits for everyone except..........

......Chris Rock
  5. How anyone can even remotely defend what Will Smith did is beyond me. It’s embarrassing and shows how far removed from reality Hollywood is. This POS assaulted someone, then got an award, then partied all night. Imagine if someone past row 3 did that? They’d be swarmed and thrown out of the building then brought up on charges. But not the Fresh Prints. Hollywood elite can do whatever they want apparently. And when people wonder how guys like Weinstein do what they do for SOO long and no one says anything, well look no further than this. Everyone stood by while an assault took place. What a joke. How out of touch these people are.
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    That’s not how life works. Things effect everyone differently. Money doesn’t solve everyone’s problems either. I suspect Jada probably is doing ok but neither of us know and having $100million isn’t going to make her feel better about having alopecia. It would be ignorant in the year 2022 to think that money is such an important factor to how someone feels mentally.
    Nah she can buy a wig give me a break

People make fun of way way way more terrible things than her condition and it’s okay. But god forbid you make a GI Jane joke about Jada Smith then that’s off limits. Give me a break dean this was NOTHING BURGER of a joke.
  7. Originally posted by guykirk9:[..]
    Nah she can buy a wig give me a break

People make fun of way way way more terrible things than her condition and it’s okay. But god forbid you make a GI Jane joke about Jada Smith then that’s off limits. Give me a break dean this was NOTHING BURGER of a joke.
    I don’t think it is ok to mock way more terrible things. I think Will Smith’s actions have just brought about the discussion about what’s acceptable and what isn’t. If he hadn’t slapped him the joke would have went under the radar and yet if Jada Smith was the type of person to be deeply affected by it nobody would have cared and she would be suffering without Chris Rock having any consequences. As it is Will Smith’s slap which was also wrong has been what it’s taken for a few people to speak up and say the joke wasn’t in good taste. I don’t know why someone can go under the job title of ‘comedian’ and suddenly expect to get away with things that if you said to someone on the street would get you worse than a slap. I don’t understand why someone would want to mock someone else about a medical condition, I honestly don’t get it.
  8. Do you reckon he'd have been as keen to get up if it was THE Rock saying that??
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I don’t think it is ok to mock way more terrible things. I think Will Smith’s actions have just brought about the discussion about what’s acceptable and what isn’t. If he hadn’t slapped him the joke would have went under the radar and yet if Jada Smith was the type of person to be deeply affected by it nobody would have cared and she would be suffering without Chris Rock having any consequences. As it is Will Smith’s slap which was also wrong has been what it’s taken for a few people to speak up and say the joke wasn’t in good taste. I don’t know why someone can go under the job title of ‘comedian’ and suddenly expect to get away with things that if you said to someone on the street would get you worse than a slap. I don’t understand why someone would want to mock someone else about a medical condition, I honestly don’t get it.
    What is so hard to understand that on the street if that were to happen it’s not warranted and not expected but if you are first row at the Oscar’s, a show that is quite literally designed for humorous jokes in between awards, it shouldn’t be a surprise that a joke will be made.

It was so low on the offense scale for even the Oscars
  10. Originally posted by guykirk9:[..]
    What is so hard to understand that on the street if that were to happen it’s not warranted and not expected but if you are first row at the Oscar’s, a show that is quite literally designed for humorous jokes in between awards, it shouldn’t be a surprise that a joke will be made.

It was so low on the offense scale for even the Oscars
    I don’t understand it because whether it’s at the Oscar’s or on the streets the words are the same and the impact on the person being mocked can be the same, maybe worse when things are being said in front of millions of viewers and thousands of attendees in fact. I don’t think Jada did expect her alopecia to be mocked nor should anyone go to an awards show preparing themselves to be mocked for something potentially hurtful, it’s an awards show not a roast. Also it’s not like choosing not to attend would stop a comedian telling a joke about a celebrity which they’d be bound to hear about still. Someone asked the question above if it was The Rock would Will Smith have walked up and slapped him, I don’t think so but if it was Mike Tyson sitting their do you think Chris Rock would have mocked him? Highly doubt it. Why is that? Because he knows that what he’s saying is wrong but because it’s just Jada Smith he isn’t worrying about the consequences. You say it to a professionally trained fighter with a bit of a temper different outcome, the lesson is if it’s too offensive to say to one person it’s too offensive to say to anyone (unless it’s a close friend /family who you have a mutual understanding with of where the line lies regarding humour).
  11. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Let’s go down the rabbit hole.

Who defines “good taste” in a joke like Chris Rock told? Do I? Do you? Do we take a Twitter poll? Are we supposed to be completely well-versed in every single persons life story to know what might offend them?

Guess what - people will say things to you and about you and your loved ones that offend you. Sometimes intentionally and sometimes inadvertently. It’s life. Unless you’re 5 years old, you don’t get to slap or hit the person based on what they said. Period.

What Will Smith did was wrong and unacceptable. There is nothing to debate and there is no larger conversation to be had. He proved himself to be an immature and emotionally stunted person that likely has real mental health issues. He probably needs help. I hope he gets it.

Sometimes wrong is just simply wrong. This is one of those cases.