1. I purposed this poll, but I can't give an answer. I simply can't.
    Stay is fantastic, but SBS and Please are just awesome... Also IGC deserves a mention.... I won't vote
  2. In God's Country for me. I like the album - like versions on the JT tour, but the last Miami Elevation gig really rocked the song. Stay is nice live, but I personally prefer the album version. SBS just doesn't quite feel right on an acoustic, like at the Clinton Library opening. Please was better with the full band on the POPMart tour, and Desire should have stood as it was on the Lovetown / ZOO TV tours.

3. I can't agree there. Desire from Slane Castle, e.g, is one of the best musical moments I've seen in my whole life.
  4. It's so close (sorry for the pun) but's it's Stay for me.

And not another poll with Please in it. That last one was a travesty!

What happened to Staring At The Sun? Arguably one of their best.
  5. Hahhahaa good pun
    What happened to Staring At The Sun? Arguably one of their best.
    Well, IMO it's almost accoustic on the album (alright, there is an electric guitar and some bass, but it's essentially an accoustic track).
  6. What about Yahweh? Staring at the Sun etc. I picked In God's Country.

I see the overwhelming majority picked Stay, while Stay is arguably the best song there. Isn't this more a question of which song has the best acoustic arrangement?

In this case it's definitely not Stay, the acoustic version turns it into a 'pub' song, you lose the great beat, guitar and atmosphere of the album version.
  7. I think Yahweh should win an award for how beautiful it sounds acoustically.
  8. Originally posted by vanquish:What about Yahweh? Staring at the Sun etc. I picked In God's Country.

I see the overwhelming majority picked Stay, while Stay is arguably the best song there. Isn't this more a question of which song has the best acoustic arrangement?

In this case it's definitely not Stay, the acoustic version turns it into a 'pub' song, you lose the great beat, guitar and atmosphere of the album version.

Thank you!!! I couldn't agree more with every part of that
  9. Sunday Bloody Sunday with Edge singing....cant go wrong with that
  10. Originally posted by vanquish:What about Yahweh? Staring at the Sun etc. I picked In God's Country.

Right on. I hate Stay acoustic, but the album version is a top ten favorite. I would have voted for Yahweh without thinking twice. A true high point of the Vertigo Tour for me.
  11. Stay ,Bad , Streets a 1,2,3 Knockout on the elevation tour(Cleveland is a great example).I totally agree with all that have stated their position on Yaweh. How in the heck did this get left off the list? What about Stuck in a moment? I know most of us here prefer the acoustic version!!! Bummer of a poll man , allow write ins
  12. Originally posted by thefly07:I actually went with Please again. I think it changed the most from album to live and I think it was for the better, it is infinitely better live, so much more emotion, the song feels finished. the other songs are of course great live but they are pretty much the fully formed song as they were on the album, with the exception of that drony guitar on Stay and I think the drums are way better live on IGC than on the album, but overall Please

I'd say Please, IGC and The First Time -- I like Stay 1993 much more than the 2001 version.