1. Originally posted by ap5:Would it be that large of a lift for the band to do either an in-studio or 1x small venue show where they play the album in its entirety? Do a BBC-type run though without the orchestra…hell even with the orchestra. Record it, sell it or make it a subscriber gift. It’s not hard.
    I've been saying this for ages. They should play AB in full in front of a small crowd like BBC 2017.
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Would it? They’ve released the dvd, they’ve streamed it in HD already on u2.com, if you look hard enough you’ll probably even be able to download it in HD of someone. I don’t think we need it streamed again.

If they released some of the songs from it, that’s what would be awesome. For those who don’t have the subscribers gift from 14-15 years ago. Plus it would be nice to have some of those live tracks available for purchase
  3. Originally posted by Cgmorgan1986:[..]

If they released some of the songs from it, that’s what would be awesome. For those who don’t have the subscribers gift from 14-15 years ago. Plus it would be nice to have some of those live tracks available for purchase
    Just rip the audio from the dvd or download the tracks from somewhere online. Then you’ll own them without having to pay any extra. Doesn’t make sense to purchase them digitally only.
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    They’re excellent for unofficial releases but an official release of these shows would still up the game. Plus Stockholm could be released as a blu Ray upscaled which would be a bigger improvement still on the visuals we currently have. I’m not saying I wouldn’t like other stuff that’s not been heard in good quality but I’m just being realistic, get the stuff that we have already seen and heard in good quality and get it released in great quality then move on to the rarer stuff if it does exist in good quality. Edge has spoke before about stuff from the past not having crowd noise etc, just listen to the sellafield tracks that were released, they’re very dry. I’d still take a full show like that but you can understand the band not wanting to release a full show in that sort of quality officially. I think it’s only going back to the vertigo tour or maybe elevation at a push where the band have great quality recordings of all shows possibly. Again just going by what edge said.

Dublin ‘93 was officially released as a radio show via Westwood One. The August 28, 1993 show was anyway. Issued on CD for radio stations to play. It’s not easy to find a copy for a decent price but most of the boots probably originate from there to begin with and if you ask I’m sure someone has the original and can make a copy. Yes it’s complete with ads breaks, but those can easily be edited out.
  5. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]

Dublin ‘93 was officially released as a radio show via Westwood One. The August 28, 1993 show was anyway. Issued on CD for radio stations to play. It’s not easy to find a copy for a decent price but most of the boots probably originate from there to begin with and if you ask I’m sure someone has the original and can make a copy. Yes it’s complete with ads breaks, but those can easily be edited out.
    I’m sure I’ve seen that on eBay, as you say not exactly cheap. I was never sure if it was official or not. That’s interesting to know it is though. Will it be better than what’s on here? I know that sounds contradictory to what I was saying about an official release improving the quality but I’m just thinking was that Westwood release up to the highest standard they could achieve anyway especially compared to now but I think that perhaps does make it a less desired show now knowing it’s had an official release of sorts. Just Stockholm on blu Ray then if possible or Yankee stadium in audio/blu Ray in full with the song performances we haven’t seen and the interference bits cut out.
  6. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]

Its on u2torrents.
  7. Yes! If AB30 tour cant happen even in 2023 this would be nice

8. Hmmm
  9. Dublin 93 was a very special show. It should be given a fresh airing.
  10. I mean I agree it's a special show but the boot is top quality so unless they wanna release video footage I can survive...ZOOtv Milan would be ace
  11. I wish u2wanderer or someone could give a hint if U2 are planning on touring AB or anything in Fall of '22. A lot of us need to save up and clear our calendars early. I know it's a demanding question, but if it's not even in the realm of the possible for a Fall '22 tour we can divert our funds and vacation days elsewhere...