1. I went for Eno and Lanois too. Not only for what they did for U2, but also for their other work. Off the top of my head, Eno- Bowie's Berlin albums and Lanois- Dylan's Time out of Mind (Which I am obsessed with right now.)
  2. The Wonder Twins, definitely.
  3. Well this is a very easy poll, Eno/Lanois aren't even kept separate to make the choice a bit harder.

Steve Lillywhite had basically no notable history as a producer before U2, Brian Eno would be famous even if he never produced a U2 album.
  4. Not a hard choice.

All the best U2 albums were produced by Eno/Lanois or they were involved.

5. Eno and Lanois = The Unforgettable Fire. That's a killer combo right there. But Steve Lillywhite was also part of the production on that, so he's worth an honorable mention.
  6. Originally posted by drewhiggins:Eno and Lanois = The Unforgettable Fire. That's a killer combo right there. But Steve Lillywhite was also part of the production on that, so he's worth an honorable mention.

Eno+Lanois=AB!

That's good enough for me!
  7. That's an easy one. Flood = Achtung Baby + Pop
  8. Eno/Lanois = Unforgettable firte, Joshua tree, Achtung baby!

9. Eno and Lanois!
  10. Originally posted by vanquish:Steve Lillywhite had basically no notable history as a producer before U2, Brian Eno would be famous even if he never produced a U2 album.

Steve Lillywhite did produce the first Big Country albums and their amazing first couple of 12"- mixes. I have to admit that I prefer those to the first three U2 albums (I know that might be some kind of heresy here).

I completely agree about Eno. He cut his teeth with Roxy Music before inventing Ambient Music. But I don't know where Lanois would be without U2 - or U2 without him.

Alex
  11. Flood and Howie B. Amazing production on Pop.
  12. Definitely Flood and Howie B