1. hila..anyone actually met any of the chaps???or spoke with them??
  2. Because I'm one of the older fans I had the opprtunity to see them in concerts in the early years. My first U2 concert was in my then hometown Leiden in The Netherlands on October 28th 1981 in the Stadsgehoorzaal before an audience of appr. 800 people. When they came to my hometown again on July 1st 1982 at the Groenoordhal in Leiden, The Netherlands as support for Talking Heads I met them after their soundcheck in the carpark where they were talking to some friends that had come over from Ireland and a few fans.
  3. Smog and overcrowding aside, Los Angeles has it's benefits. One being that The Edge lives here so you can run into him and the family every now and then.

I first met Bono in 1987 when a load of us followed the band back to the hotel. Bono came out and chatted and sang a few songs. I met him again a few times during the ZOOTV tour; that is when I met Adam, Larry and The Edge for the first time.

Since then, I have been lucky enough to meet them a few times on PopMart, Elevation and Vertigo tours.

First impressions? Shorter than I thought. But more impressing is that they are just 100% down to earth nice guys; and they are very funny, expecially if one or more of them are together.