1. Originally posted by max_thehitman:[..]
    THAT is the cleanest video HD from that film I have seen.
    I saw the film in the cinema when it first came out and it NEVER looked this
    good on the big screen.
    This is something special. Superb

By the way - Bono´s lips and singing are STILL not properly synchronized with the
    song that is playing. LOL
    It was all over-recorded back in the studio after they did the photo-shooting.
    What film are you talking about?
  2. Interesting that is the long version of the video from "Outside It's America", rather than the "shorter" version that was on MTV and VH1.
  3. Looks stunning! U2 are really doing a great job with these 4K remasters.

90s soon
  4. I hope they will give us the full video

5. ___
  6. Luv Edge's playing on IGC.
  7. I remember reading the following week in N.M.E about how they bought Downtown L.A to a stand still playing live on a rooftop of a Liquor store. The Joshua Tree had just been released a few weeks earlier if memory serves me right. I thought they're back. Had to wait until July the 4th when U2 played in Paris and Channel 4 premiered the Streets video before they showed a few songs from that outdoor gig. Good and exciting times watching them grow before they went truly global.
  8. The Million Dollar Hotel
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to navigationJump to search
    The Million Dollar Hotel
    Hotel-poster3.jpg
    Theatrical release poster
    Directed by Wim Wenders
    Produced by Deepak Nayar
    Bono
    Nicholas Klein
    Bruce Davey
    Wim Wenders
    Screenplay by
    Nicholas Klein
    Story by
    Bono
    Nicholas Klein
    Starring Jeremy Davies
    Milla Jovovich
    Mel Gibson
    Music by
    Jon Hassell
    Bono
    Daniel Lanois
    Brian Eno
    Cinematography Phedon Papamichael
    Edited by Tatiana S. Riegel
    Production
    company
    Icon Productions
    Road Movies Filmproduktion
    Kintop Pictures
    Distributed by
    Lions Gate Films
    (United States)
    Release date
    February 9, 2000 (Berlin International Film Festival)
    February 25, 2000 (American Film Market)
    February 2, 2001 (United States)
    Running time 122 minutes
    Country United States
    Germany
    United Kingdom
    Language English
    Budget $8 million (est.)
    Box office $59,989
    The Million Dollar Hotel is a 2000 drama film based on a concept story by Bono and Nicholas Klein, directed by Wim Wenders, and starring Jeremy Davies, Milla Jovovich, and Mel Gibson. The film features music by U2 and various artists that was released on the soundtrack, The Million Dollar Hotel: Music from the Motion Picture.

Contents
    1 Plot
    2 Cast
    3 Production
    4 Soundtrack
    5 References
    6 External links
    Plot
    A group of very different people live in a hotel in Los Angeles, California including the romantically involved Tom Tom (Davies) and Eloise (Milla Jovovich). The events that unfold are the result of the death of an important resident, the son (Tim Roth) of a billionaire media mogul. His father commissions an FBI agent (Gibson) to look into his death.

Cast
    Jeremy Davies as Tom Tom
    Milla Jovovich as Eloise
    Mel Gibson as Det. Skinner
    Jimmy Smits as Geronimo
    Peter Stormare as Dixie
    Amanda Plummer as Vivien
    Gloria Stuart as Jessica
    Tom Bower as Hector
    Donal Logue as Det. Charley Best
    Bud Cort as Shorty
    Julian Sands as Terence Scopey
    Conrad Roberts as Stix
    Harris Yulin as Stanley Goldkiss
    Charlayne Woodard as Jean Swift
    Ellen Cleghorne as Marlene
    Richard Edson as Joe
    Tito Larriva as Jesu
    Jon Hassell as Hollow
    Tim Roth (uncredited) as Izzy Goldkiss
    Bono (uncredited) as Man in Hotel Lobby
    Production
    The story was originally developed by Bono in 1987 when filming the music video for "Where the Streets Have No Name". The movie had an estimated budget of $8 million, but opened to only $29,483 in US box office, with little more success in subsequent weeks or in other countries.[1] It also received very poor reviews, obtaining 25 of 100 on Metacritic[2] and 25% on Rotten Tomatoes,[3] although it won the Silver Bear at the Berlin International Film Festival in 2000. In an October 2000 press conference in Sydney, before the Australian release of the film, Mel Gibson said, "I thought it was as boring as a dog's ass." He later explained:

It was at the end of a day where I had done 6,000 interviews, some guy was ragging on the film and it just slipped out. Later, I thought 'God, why did I say that? I'm an idiot! I produced this film. I'm distributing it!' It was pretty thoughtless of me, because a lot of people worked very hard on that film, and the fact is there are moments of genius in it. The soundtrack is by U2, and it's phenomenal. So I really regret saying that. I have written a lot of apology letters about it.[4]

Soundtrack
    Main article: The Million Dollar Hotel: Music from the Motion Picture
    References
    "The Million Dollar Hotel". imdb.
    "The Million Dollar Hotel". Metacritic.
    "The Million Dollar Hotel (2000)". Rotten Tomatoes.
    Rene Rodriguez (December 15, 2000). "Mel on Men, "Mad Max" Musings – and More". Miami Herald.
    External links
    Wikiquote has quotations related to: The Million Dollar Hotel
    Official web site at the Wayback Machine (archived February 23, 2007)
    The Million Dollar Hotel at IMDb
    The Million Dollar Hotel at Rotten Tomatoes
    The Million Dollar Hotel at Box Office Mojo