1. One of their best.
  2. I don’t think it has aged all that well. A very forced vocal from Bono and very muddy production on the rest. It’s also too long and heavy to come so early in the tracklist.
  3. Live, it evokes wonderful memories of #360Tour closer...I love it.
  4. Originally posted by germcevoy:I don’t think it has aged all that well. A very forced vocal from Bono and very muddy production on the rest. It’s also too long and heavy to come so early in the tracklist.
    NLOTH's song order is a trainwreck anyway... But yeah, it hasn't aged too well. I love the beggining and the instrumental (and I love playing it on the bass), but vocally it has lost a bit of punch for me.
  5. Love the Wide Awake In Europe version... Bono's rapping at the end is awesome
  6. Originally posted by germcevoy:I don’t think it has aged all that well. A very forced vocal from Bono and very muddy production on the rest. It’s also too long and heavy to come so early in the tracklist.
    You gotta wonder if Bono had taken the vocal in a different direction, maybe more like Book of Your Heart...if it would've been better.

The vocal just isn't...good. Sure it's passionate, but it's kind of painful to listen to.

I also still hate the "ATM Machine" line haha, but otherwise - I do like the track.
  7. Edge's solo is beautiful, just what the song needs, but I hope it was longer. I like the production and all the different sounds in the background. Adam's basslines give a nice rhythm to the song and also have great spacing. I love the song, wish they had played it on the ie or ei tours. the sound in the arena would be perfect and they could work out a new arrangement, maybe for Bono to sing in a different way, less screaming.
  8. This song is important to me. Age 13 my innocence died when my grandmother passed and this song and record came out 2 years later. This album help get through the tough times, where I folded to my knees, i was at the moment of surrender. I can't imagine life without this song.

9. I never thought I'd be reminded of this lyric ever again, but here we are.
  10. I have come back around to NLOTH. I just can’t figure out why GOYB was their choice for the first single, but other than that it’s a very good, if not great record. I really get where they were coming from with it, and even though Crazy Tonight feels a bit like it was shoe-horned in, its still a fairly cohesive album.
  11. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    You gotta wonder if Bono had taken the vocal in a different direction, maybe more like Book of Your Heart...if it would've been better.

The vocal just isn't...good. Sure it's passionate, but it's kind of painful to listen to.

I also still hate the "ATM Machine" line haha, but otherwise - I do like the track.
    I actually like that lyric. It melds together the "hymnality" and modernity of the song, if that makes sense.
  12. Except he’s saying automated teller machine machine.