1. U2 have been trying songs that according to most "don't flow" or "kill the crowd". I really don't think we should put too much emphasis on the crowds reaction. They are playing one night stadium shows in the US. Your Blue Room was a miracle, but I think more surprises will come up on later legs. not this one.
  2. I've been digging this song a lot lately. Definitely appreciate it more now, than when it came out

I kinda feel its underrated.
  3. Definitely underrated. I love how it builds up and the lyrics really paint you the picture of the young brothers and the soldier in Afghanistan. Slow songs does not mean boring, in this case.
  4. Definitely a song I haven't listened to in a long while.. Love it though, deep meaning.
  5. listening to it now
  6. Very cool video. Made me rediscover the song...not necessarily a highlight of NLOTH for me but definitely still underrated. Maybe it's the fact that "O Come, O Come, Immanuel" is one of my favorite hymns.
  7. "Very cool" is the perfect definition. The use of different age footage, specially the New Year's Day and Berlin '91 footage, helps setting a kind of melancholy feeling and mood to it - which obviously fits the song like a glove.
  8. this song would be killer live.
  9. Funny! Coincidentally I listened to this song yesterday and thought exactly the same...
    A hidden gem of the fairly under estimated NLOTH album

Cool
  10. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    Funny! Coincidentally I listened to this song yesterday and thought exactly the same...
    A hidden gem of the fairly under estimated NLOTH album

Cool
    I actually mentioned this song yesterday in the Muse thread (http://u2start.com/topic/by-post/783020/). Nice triple coincidence!

I don't think it would be a killer song live, it would be a pee-break song for most of the audience just like Your Blue Room. But I would love love love to hear it someday
  11. By the way this is a strong contender for the less popular NLOTH song based on the number of posts in its discussion topic Only 59 messages in 8 years and a half...