1. I just finished it last night. What a great read. I wished they had continued on with the recording of Pop in the book, I think that would have been interesting.
  2. Has anyone read "Outside Is America"? I first heard about it when reading "At The End Of The World" and looked it up online. I was going to order it but was hoping that someone had read it and could give their opinion.

Same with "Into The Heart". Which one should I go with?
  3. Walk On - The Spiritual Journey
    U2 Show
    U2 by U2

Love then all

4. Today I got myself my first U2 book :U2 by U2
    didn’t expect it would be such a thick book (luckily I like reading) although it will take some time to finish, but there’s no haste and the holidays are coming
  5. I have "Bono in the name of love" by Mick Wall.
  6. Just started "At the End of the World" after Christmas, I'm 150 or so pages into it. Great read so far.
  7. U2 by U2, which I completely loved and Bono on Bono which is what I'm reading for the moment.
  8. Here's mine:

a New Book in Holland:
    En ze noemden hem BONO. ( and they named him Bono) Bert van de Kamp
    U2 by U2 English Large edition
    U2 by U2 pocket edition
    U2 and I Anton Corbijn
    Stealing Haerts at a travelling show Four5one, with autograph's (Averill/Mc. Grath)
    U2 show Diana Scrimgeor
    Elevate me here Karin en Marcel Wagenaar
    U2 Diary Matt McGee
    U2 Rattle & Hum The book of the Movie
    Live Aid (introduction Bob Geldof)
    Three Chords and the truth Niall Stokes
    U2 Fratelli Gallo editor (Italiaans)
    The Spark that set the Flame Marieke Groen
    U2 Live a concert documentary (updated edition) Pim Jal de la Parra
    U2 Propaganda
    U2 Faraway so Close BP Fallon
    The U2 file Hot Press Niall Stokes
    U2 Stories for Boys Dave Thomas
    U2 The complete encyclopedia Mark Chatterton
    U2 The complete encyclopedia Mark Chatterton updated edition
    Bono In the name of love Mick Wall (Dutch)
    Bono over Bono Michka Assayas (Dutch)
    Bono the Biography Laura Jackson (Englisch)
    U2 live Dirk Timmerman (Dutch)
    On Tour met U2 Carter Alan (Dutch)
    The Unforgettable Fire Eamon Dunphy (Dutch)
    Under a Blue Dublin Sky Karin en Marcel Wagenaar
    On the move Bono
    The complete guide to the music of U2 Bill Graham (english)
    U2 Mark Taylor (Dutch)
    The making of the Joshua Tree Dave Thompson (english)
    U2 The unauthorised edition Mark Taylor (CD and Book) (english)
    U2 Mark Taylor
    U2 NL
    1000 x Bono
  9. Originally posted by kris_smith87:Has anyone read "Outside Is America"? I first heard about it when reading "At The End Of The World" and looked it up online. I was going to order it but was hoping that someone had read it and could give their opinion.

Same with "Into The Heart". Which one should I go with?

I have 'Into the Heart' but I really don't like it. It's not really 'the stories behind each U2 song' - it's Niall Stokes' lame-ass, reductionistic interpretation of what each song is about. As you can tell, it's not my thing at all. YMMV.
  10. 'They called him Bono' by Bert van de Kamp, long time Dutch journalist who has spoken many times with Bono since the early eighties. He even comes with some new song names, which I had not heard before.

Besides that, I still need to finish U2 by U2.
  11. Originally posted by sonia_lastrega:[..]

I have 'Into the Heart' but I really don't like it. It's not really 'the stories behind each U2 song' - it's Niall Stokes' lame-ass, reductionistic interpretation of what each song is about. As you can tell, it's not my thing at all. YMMV.

I have "The Stories Behind The Songs" by the same author. This one has the songs from No Line On The Horizon as well. I thought it was OK, but as Sonia said a lot of it is the author's interpretation, or even Gavin Fridays! There are some quotes from the band though. I got it got a research paper I was doing on Boy & Adolescence and it helped so I won't complain about it too much.
  12. I have U2 by U2, Bono on Bono and U2 & i. I love them all, especially the last one, it just came the easiest to read, took me only one day and without a dictionary