1. I know, I'm not that naive, but still.. it seems so surreal. he was a legend imo.
  2. What a blow. Like many people, he was one of my childhood heroes and turned me to music at a very young age. I feel weird.
  3. Originally posted by Takuan:What a blow. Like many people, he was one of my childhood heroes and turned me to music at a very young age. I feel weird.

same here...
    RIP Michael....
    May God have mercy of your soul....
  4. Uri Gellar is odd
  5. Report of a massive heart attack; watching CNN and there are loads of people waiting outside to hear a press conference.

Originally posted by drewhiggins:Jesus Christ, it's everywhere. It'll be amazing to see how many people thought he was a great talent now...

everyone on my mini-feed is updating statuses, etc. seems like Facebook is taking over CNN's role of finding news.
  6. Even more shocking than his death is that MTV his playing his music videos and interviews with him....MTV hasn't had anything musically related on its channel since I remember....
  7. Originally posted by molang7:Even more shocking than his death is that MTV his playing his music videos and interviews with him....MTV hasn't had anything musically related on its channel since I remember....

Some of you might remember from my Fan of The Month article that I said 'Michael Jackson - to find out about the real Man In The Mirror'. As a big fan of all his work post-1979, it's a shock and seeing these articles made me think it's just another media beatup - but this....and all the little updates on Twitter and Google News makes it so surreal, when you don't think it's happening. But it is - I really don't want it to be.

About MTV, that is shocking. As long as they play Remember The Time and the long version of Black and White, then they're (MTV) relevant for a moment. All the albums (Got To Be There / Music and Me / Off The Wall / Thriller / Bad / Dangerous / HIStory / Invincible) have gone up ten-fold on eBay. One copy of Thriller from 2001 (the special edition) has gone up to $450 US.

I'm glad I got my copies of all the albums when they were new.

8. He was younger than my dad (Who also has suffered heart problems)
    He was just one of those people I can't imagine not having around, you know?It's terrible
  9. He was a legend...

RIP Michael, you will be missed.
  10. RIP Michael
  11. Since watching all the documentaries on CNN and such, I, too have really become interested in his life and learning about how he grew up; more importantly the media's role in making him , well.... crazy.
  12. RIP michael. I was really looking forward to see him next month. It's tragic.