1. just wondering who your dream collaboration with U2 would be following the greenday and u2 collab can be solo artiss or bands.

my own personal choice would be U2 and the red hot chilli peppers that would be fuckin unreal, it wud just be awesome 2 see some new song that both bands collabed on!!
  2. Originally posted by Eamonnhenrikmy own personal choice would be U2 and the red hot chilli peppers that would be fuckin unreal, it wud just be awesome 2 see some new song that both bands collabed on!!

Sorry guy, but I don't agree with you. I think that U2 should work on their own, with only some collaborations in the order of less of one per year. I disliked that one with the Green Day because these last are really far from the U2 in saveral aspects. I think U2 are U2 and no other are or can be like them!
  3. Franz Ferdinand. They also like to play with whoever wants to, do great cover versions and are pretty cool. The Peppers and U2? That'd be awesome!
  4. Jonny Lang would be a good choice for a guest spot on the next U2 album. His "Turn around" CD is great. I'd also like Mike Roe from the Seventy Sevens play with them, but that's just a dream that I dream... they could make an awesome collaboration on the 77s tune "Do it for Love".

Alex
  5. 'Primal Scream' has worked with Kevin Shields of 'My Bloody Valentine' as well as 'New Order'... this would be an interesting collaboration for The Edge, for sure, and push the echo and pedal effects in another direction.

A full band collaboration with Primal Scream or The Charlatans may either help U2 rock harder or rediscover R&B. I could easily go for a whole record similar to the Bob Dylan collaboration "Love Rescue Me"..... Do the whole record in Memphis or New Orleans... and donate the proceeds to hurricane relief.

Another direction could go toward the Brian Eno / David Byrne corner, though this might resemble 'The Passengers' record.

Billy Corgan also has worked with New Order.. he could add an interesting twist.
  6. It would be fucking awesome to particcipate U2 + U2...