1. Damn, would've been seeing them on Saturday along with you Dan.

Quite like The Cure - very fresh sounding to me.
  2. I don't know what it is about them that draws me to the music, because after awhile sometimes I feel like all the sounds blend together...whether its within the song, or songs on the album put together, idk...but I definitely would enjoy a Cure concert. There's a magic that brings me back to the music even when I can't pinpoint what it is.

"Pictures of You" is what really got me into them.
  3. I think of you every.single.time I hear Pictures Of You, Matt

I would like to see the guys live, they have such a monster of a discography where to choose from... Although I heard their shows get quite repetitive somehow... Nevermind - I won't miss them if they come around!
  4. Love the Cure. Pictures of You is one of the best songs ever written, I think. So powerful and emotive. As for their latest album...yeah, not the best, but Underneath the Stars is the sort of big build-up, wall of sound type song they do best.
  5. Somebody got me Wish the album years ago and have loved them ever since. I want to buy all their albums in order, so far I have Seventeen Seconds (which is amazing) and ordering Faith in the next few days Kind of pumped to go through an artists catalogue like that. Hopefully one day when I'm rich I can do that with artists that have huge catalogues. xD
  6. Originally posted by Genaro92U2:Somebody got me Wish the album years ago and have loved them ever since. I want to buy all their albums in order, so far I have Seventeen Seconds (which is amazing) and ordering Faith in the next few days Kind of pumped to go through an artists catalogue like that. Hopefully one day when I'm rich I can do that with artists that have huge catalogues. xD

When you're rich? Secret plan Genaro?

The Cure are great, my parents were big fans and through some exploration of the CD collection I became a big fan. Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me is probably my favourite album. Then again, it was released in 1987.
  7. Originally posted by iTim:[..]

When you're rich? Secret plan Genaro?

The Cure are great, my parents were big fans and through some exploration of the CD collection I became a big fan. Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me is probably my favourite album. Then again, it was released in 1987.

LOL Throwing that out in the universe so it comes true!

Ah yes, I can't wait to get that album, aren't the albums remastered too? I've been wanting all the remastered collections with the live shows since I hear they're great live.

What's your favorite song off Hold Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me?
  8. Yeah, they've reissued most of their albums, in fact, they've done all up to and including Disintegration.

Favourite song from Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me has to be "Why Can't I Be You?". Probably my favourite Cure song to be honest. Just love it, even if it is a bit mental. "Just Like Heaven" and "Catch" are close seconds off that particular album.
  9. And their setlist at Reading festival (courtesy of NME)

'Tape'
    'Open'
    'High'
    'The End of the World'
    'Lovesong'
    'Sleep When I'm Dead'
    'Push'
    'In Between Days'
    'Just Like Heaven'
    'Pictures of You'
    'Lullaby'
    'The Caterpillar'
    'The Walk'
    'Friday I'm In Love'
    'Doing The Unstuck'
    'Trust'
    'From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea'
    'Bananafishbones'
    'Play For Today'
    'A Forest'
    'Primary'
    'Want'
    'The Hungry Ghost'
    'Wrong Number'
    'One Hundred Years'
    'End'
    'Dressing Up'
    'The Lovecats
    'Just One Kiss'
    'Let's Go To Bed'
    'Why Can't I Be You?'
    'Boys Don't Cry'
  10. might still be on bbc i player if you are in the uk, bbc3 showed 2hours 10minutes roughly - complete set? of reading last night.
  11. All I have to say is Lullaby. What a fantastic track!