1. Coldplay's new album will be coming out this year (probably), much sooner than expected. And another surprise (for me) was that the producer is Brian Eno?! What do you think of it? I used to be a huge Coldplay fan but nowaways I rarely listen to them anymore. I'm looking forward to their new album, curious what Brian Eno has done with it.

Brian Eno produces Coldplay album
    Eno promises originality

Brian Eno has revealed that he is producing Coldplay's fourth album. The band have been locked away in their North London studio working on the album, since the release of their last album X&Y in October.

"Very original and very different from what they've done before "- Eno

Ex Roxy Music musician Eno is famous for his pioneering work in ambient and electronic music, and also for his work with David Byrne and The Talking Heads. Eno also said he thought that most music around today sounded just like The Talking Heads, and he would be making a special effort with this album NOT to imitate them.

Some of the work will be roadtested on Coldplay's Latin American tour next month.
  2. Coldplay always behind u2!!!! Why??I believe Chris is obsessed with U2
    I love coldplay but I think that
  3. Originally posted by dylan Codplay always behind u2!!!! Why??I believe Chris is obsessed with U2

They certainly are, a U2 poster was hanging on the wall in the room where they were recording their previous album, to 'inspire them'
  4. Originally posted by dylan Coldplay always behind u2!!!! Why??I believe Chris is obsessed with U2
    I love coldplay but I think that

Chris is obsessed in being the new Bono
  5. Originally posted by dylan[..]

Chris is obsessed in being the new Bono

Luckily he'll never be! His voice is of much less capable than Bono's voice is at his worst periods.
  6. Coldplay sucks.
    Everyone who tries to forge U2 sucks.
  7. Coldplay will never become as big as U2 is. They try to copy U2's sound (look at Fix You or Speed of Sound) and therefore I avoid listening to them. They aren't really crap but brilliant is something different.
    Hovewer I hope that Brian Eno will do some great work, maybe the 4th Album will sound different from the previous ones?!
  8. u2 has worked hard to arrive where it has arrived and I believe that
    coldplay has had it more easy.
  9. Celebrity Deathmatch Bono vs Chris Martin
  10. I like Coldplay's older albums.. but X &Y was boring... Well i heard something about that Coldplay is going to make a more 'darker' album..I'm looking forward to it!!
  11. Originally posted by MirrorballBoyI like Coldplay's older albums.. but X &Y was boring... Well i heard something about that Coldplay is going to make a more 'darker' album..I'm looking forward to it!!

Yeah my favorite remains A Rush Of Blood To The Head, and Parachutes is good too. But X&Y is really nothing.
  12. I'm sorry but i have to say it, I hate Coldplay, i hate everything about them. They have no creative guts, look they got Brian Bloody Eno, when you think of U2's producer who's name 1st pops to mind.... they think X and Y was their Joshua Tree now they're trying to make their Achtung Baby, pompus U2 wannabe assholes!

Apologies in advance.