1. Originally posted by RUMMY:It was fantastic! So happy to have witnessed it. I'm not a musician but I can't help but wonder why/how they couldn't figure it our during ZooTV. Regardless, it was worth the wait.

Long live "So Cruel" and the rest of Achtung Baby!
    It was probably the drums way back when.
  2. Originally posted by RUMMY:It was fantastic! So happy to have witnessed it. I'm not a musician but I can't help but wonder why/how they couldn't figure it our during ZooTV. Regardless, it was worth the wait.

Long live "So Cruel" and the rest of Achtung Baby!

If you've heard the full band version from the Hershey soundchecks, you'll be even more astounded that they inexplicably decided not to play it during ZooTV. It's pretty much 100% perfect. The little vocal part Bono does at the end is insanely beautiful. I just wish there was a better quality recording of it...
  3. Originally posted by ric:Have to say I've become slightly obsessed with this recording over the past couple of weeks:

[YouTube Video]

I've always absolutely loved it but now I would genuinely rank this song amongst some of the best of all time. The lyrics are just devastating and easily amongst some of Bono's best ever.

For me the best thing to come out of these Sphere shows is how it's caused me to revisit Achtung Baby and re-evaluate it against their output for the last 20 years. And when it comes to this song, I feel it's quite telling that an obscure album track from Achtung Baby sounds superior (to me) to almost everything they've released over those 20 years... I wonder if they can feel that too when they're playing songs like this?
    Ugh, don't repost that putz stealing my audio. Much less "remastering" it.

Link to the original source!
  4. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    Just browsed and listened to the couple of Taylor Swift uploads. The wife and her sister are in love. Fantastically captured and superbly mixed as always. Thank you.
    Thanks! Just saw the movie yesterday. Still putting some final touches on the TS mix.
  5. We have tickets for next summer in Europe so likely to skip the movie just so that we aren't fully spoiled. The wifes young sister was fascinated at hearing what Taylor hears in her monitor (including the count in). Little mind blown.
  6. Love So Cruel, had a look and listen towards the Taylor songs as well, sublime! Enjoyed listening them and will keep an eye on your soundcloud
  7. Originally posted by wowow:Love So Cruel, had a look and listen towards the Taylor songs as well, sublime! Enjoyed listening them and will keep an eye on your soundcloud
    It's my little honeypot!
  8. Bono resurrected some falsetto for this that I thought was long gone. And it’s seems like they are playing a lot of these songs in the original album key, not tuned down a half step like they usually do . . .
  9. Originally posted by brotherclark:Bono resurrected some falsetto for this that I thought was long gone. And it’s seems like they are playing a lot of these songs in the original album key, not tuned down a half step like they usually do . . .
    He's been putting a lot of passion into this song, the duo singing with Edge is lovely.
  10. Yep Edge's harmonies are beautiful in this version. And also really glad Bono hasn't done that really annoying thing he often does with old songs where he changes the lyrics for the sake of it (as he did with this song on FTSD).