1. I'm hoping 2007.
    Expecting 2008.
    And dreading its not 2009 (But Q Magazine says not to bet against it)

But overall I'd Say 2008,

When would you guess the release would be?
  2. Last december I heard in the news Bono stated it would be this year. Actually, he mentioned 2007 is gonna be a very busy year for U2. Haven't heard of any delays or changes, so I guess it remains the same.
  3. For Christmas '07...
    Maybe 11 november?
    We have no way to know it, for the moment the only thing we can do is waiting...
  4. 2007?! Are you crazy, this is U2!

And anything Bono says isn't reliable, especially if it's regarding U2 (future releases)

It'll be 2008, nothing earlier.
  5. Originally posted by Remy2007?! Are you crazy, this is U2!

And anything Bono says isn't reliable, especially if it's regarding U2 (future releases)

It'll be 2008, nothing earlier.

Sorry, but i disagree. Here are some points to be taken in count:

1. Bono IS reliable about the future. Remember when the last shows for Vertigo where cancelled and then he said they'd be played further without stating a date. He kept his word about having a date before they'd leave the country.
    2. Consider the recording sessions are already in progress and even some bootlegs have been leaking in. When this has happened before (Achtung Baby and Pop) the album's been out within the next few months bootlegs are in the strees and / or Internet.
    3. Last year there was a whole of retrospective releases for the casual listener. Market conditions are ideal for new recordings since old time fans hacen't found anything of interes and new fans have the band fresh on their minds.
    4. They've signed to a new label. Oftenly record labels want a product in the stores right after the sign, they don't want to wait more than two years to see what are the perspectives for the rest of the contract.

If you consider points 2 and 4 together, actually chances are 2007 could be the year.
  6. Originally posted by redguitaronfire[..]

Sorry, but i disagree. Here are some points to be taken in count:

1. Bono IS reliable about the future. Remember when the last shows for Vertigo where cancelled and then he said they'd be played further without stating a date. He kept his word about having a date before they'd leave the country.
    2. Consider the recording sessions are already in progress and even some bootlegs have been leaking in. When this has happened before (Achtung Baby and Pop) the album's been out within the next few months bootlegs are in the strees and / or Internet.
    3. Last year there was a whole of retrospective releases for the casual listener. Market conditions are ideal for new recordings since old time fans hacen't found anything of interes and new fans have the band fresh on their minds.
    4. They've signed to a new label. Oftenly record labels want a product in the stores right after the sign, they don't want to wait more than two years to see what are the perspectives for the rest of the contract.

If you consider points 2 and 4 together, actually chances are 2007 could be the year.

About point one, he stated at Australian television that new dates would be announced within a few days in februari.. Almost 6 months later the new dates were announced, not really reliable if you ask me. After the Elevation tour Bono stated that the band were on fire and a new album would be out in a year or so, 2/3 years later it was the time. And there are a dozen other examples of Bono saying things about U2's future or previous releases that are not reliable at all. And about the bootleg point, that's just not making any sense, technology nowadays is much more developed than it was in the nineties, people with mobile cell phones can make recordings anywhere anytime, and the leaked bootlegs were dated summer 2006 with a few covers and a track that end up on U218, so nothing new there. And about point 4, U2 isn't just a casual band, if U2 needs 4 years to make a new album, they'll get 4 years time to make it. And about 3, U2 will release a new 3D-DVD and maybe a Popmart DVD this year.

But, as you say, there are indeed a few reasons for a new album this year, one big one for me is if the band would want to go along with Rick Rubin, he doesn't have the time to be with U2 for 2 years so if he's gonna be the main producer U2 have to finish a record this year.

But, if the record isn't finished or satisfying enough for the members (like HTDAAB was end 2003) it's gonna be end 2008, U2 will never ever release a new album again in any other season than fall.
  7. Originally posted by Remy[..]

About point one, he stated at Australian television that new dates would be announced within a few days in februari.. Almost 6 months later the new dates were announced, not really reliable if you ask me. After the Elevation tour Bono stated that the band were on fire and a new album would be out in a year or so, 2/3 years later it was the time. And there are a dozen other examples of Bono saying things about U2's future or previous releases that are not reliable at all. And about the bootleg point, that's just not making any sense, technology nowadays is much more developed than it was in the nineties, people with mobile cell phones can make recordings anywhere anytime, and the leaked bootlegs were dated summer 2006 with a few covers and a track that end up on U218, so nothing new there. And about point 4, U2 isn't just a casual band, if U2 needs 4 years to make a new album, they'll get 4 years time to make it. And about 3, U2 will release a new 3D-DVD and maybe a Popmart DVD this year.

But, as you say, there are indeed a few reasons for a new album this year, one big one for me is if the band would want to go along with Rick Rubin, he doesn't have the time to be with U2 for 2 years so if he's gonna be the main producer U2 have to finish a record this year.

But, if the record isn't finished or satisfying enough for the members (like HTDAAB was end 2003) it's gonna be end 2008, U2 will never ever release a new album again in any other season than fall.

Allright man, your points are strong, but there are some things which I had notice of in a different way. The dates for Australian tour were not announced six months later, it was earlier.,maybe late march or early april After Elevation the band did work with the idea of a release for a year but they had to re-schedule because Island wanted the new Best-of before the new record and then because they had problems with the producer and threw away one year of work to start all over again. In both cases, delays were explained and announced but not left to speculation.The bootleg point wasn't based on tech, but in the fact that there are new songs to boot ---you can't record anything they are in early stages, but when they're already practicing and polishing. And, ok, U2 is not a casual band, but yet even they suffer pressure from record companies... actually, they say Pop is an unfinished album because the company didn't want to give them more time to work on it. I find very interesting change this points with you, man, but do you know something? I'm getting the feelin that we must be more concerned about that record than the responsibles for it. We should be the producers!

8. Originally posted by RemyAnd about 3, U2 will release a new 3D-DVD and maybe a Popmart DVD this year.

Loool where did you hear that?!?! POPMart DVD?? Live from Mexico?
  9. Originally posted by redguitaronfire[..]

Allright man, your points are strong, but there are some things which I had notice of in a different way. The dates for Australian tour were not announced six months later, it was earlier.,maybe late march or early april After Elevation the band did work with the idea of a release for a year but they had to re-schedule because Island wanted the new Best-of before the new record and then because they had problems with the producer and threw away one year of work to start all over again. In both cases, delays were explained and announced but not left to speculation.The bootleg point wasn't based on tech, but in the fact that there are new songs to boot ---you can't record anything they are in early stages, but when they're already practicing and polishing. And, ok, U2 is not a casual band, but yet even they suffer pressure from record companies... actually, they say Pop is an unfinished album because the company didn't want to give them more time to work on it. I find very interesting change this points with you, man, but do you know something? I'm getting the feelin that we must be more concerned about that record than the responsibles for it. We should be the producers!

The new dates were announced the 20th of July:
    http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1967

Bono was on TV mid March

And you're right about your last point, we should be the producers
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]
    Loool where did you hear that?!?! POPMart DVD?? Live from Mexico?

Yeah, Adam said it to some fans outside in London that they were working on a Popmart DVD.
  11. lol I didn't knew... I'm not a POPMart fan, but sure I will buy it... What about you?
  12. Originally posted by LikeASonglol I didn't knew... I'm not a POPMart fan, but sure I will buy it... What about you?

I'll buy every DVD they release