1. As you can see from my profile, I am Italian. Even though I understand English fairly easily, I have not completely understood what Bono said in Milan on July the 21st before singing "I still haven't found what I'm looking for"...
    I'm sure that someone among you will have the patience of reporting me his speech, in English.

Thanks a lot!!!
  2. "So...we're making a DVD here... Alright? Thank you for being part of the film, the little movie we're making of here tonight! Grazie mile !! Kind of invent, the movie, isn't? Yeah... Well, the [staim] glass windows were the first movies... Stories told through colour projected by sunlight... The Duomo is like the first cinema... I don't know why I'm talking about this!! Excuse moi !! Anyway... [Like a talk about one thing]"

Hi!! The words in [brackets] are those which I don't understand, I'm sorry, I'm a 16 years old student of Spanish, I neither understand the whole speech!!
    I hope I have been helpfull!!
  3. He was crediting Italians for making the first movies.

And he said that the stained glass windows of the churches were really the first movies.
  4. Stained... not "steam"
    Thanks for correcting!
  5. THANKS A LOT, LikeASong!!!
    I appreciate your help so much!! And you've helped me a lot, 'cause I had understood less than you! Your marks in English at school are surely better than mine...
    But yours is not the really complete speech... So "I still haven't found what I'm looking for..."
    Answer me soon, guys!
  6. Ok, I'll post the full speech tomorrow, or this night late, now I really can't hear it, alright?
    Wait!
  7. I'm talking to ALL the U2Start members:
    I have already said in this topic my request about the concert of Milan on the 21st of July 2005, the one released in DVD in the U218 SINGLES special edition.
    I repeat it now: is there anybody (most of all somebody who understand English well) who wants to report me in English the entire speech that Bono said during that concert before singing "I still haven't found what I'm looking for"?
    I will appreciate any effort made to help me!
    So, friends, answer my request as soon as you can!
    THANKS A LOT!!!
  8. Most of what LikeASong has written is correct.
    I have listened to it but I still miss something I put in (????).
    Anyway this version should be a little more correct, but I am italian as you are so I have not 100% understood the speech, perhaps a mother tongue would help

Anyway here we go:

"So...we're making a DVD here... tonight
    Thank you for being part of the film, the little movie we're making of tonight!
    Grazie mille !! Kind of invent the movie (??? didn't you?) Yeah...
    Well, the stained glass windows were the first movies...
    Stories told through colour projected by sunlight...
    The Duomo just up the (road?) is like the first cinema in Italy...and...
    I don't know what I'm talking about, here by now!! Excusez moi !! Anyway...
    I can talk if I want to
  9. Thank you thousand, stefano1973!!
    So, there is still some doubt about two or three passages, but you've helped me a lot!
    My first reconstruction of that speech sounds very similar to yours. But I will wait for the help of some English friend of U2Start... I hope he/she will not make me wait too much...

CIAO! BYE!
  10. So, we're making a DVD here.. tonight. Thank you for being a part of the film, the little movie we're making of tonight, grazie mille. You kind of invented the movies though didn't ya, yeah. Were on the steam glass windows, they were the first movies, stories told through colour projected by sunlight. The Duomo, just up the road, was like the first cinema in Italy. And eh.. I don't know what I'm talking about here but eh, excusez moi, excusez. Anyway.. I can talk if I want to.

Pretty sure this is 99% correct.
  11. I only messed up with the "kind of invented" stuff then
    I am less rusted than I thought
  12. I was sure that I would have received a good answer to my request! And I thought that probabily Remy The Great would have taken part to this collective answer!
    THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYBODY, in particular to Remy The Great!!!

OK! Now I know what Bono says!! YEAH!!
    Don't worry, during all these nights I did sleep, of course! But I wanted so much to understand those words, and this is why I cared about obtaining the right answer so much!

THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYBODY!!
    See you soon into the Forums...