1. I know it's kinda odd to request this...but does anyone have a listing of all the historically bad U2 shows out there? I imagine the first Chicago Vertigo show comes to mind, as does the Popmart opener. Are there any other notoriously horrible shows?

Just reading through U2 by U2, and they always seem to mention bad shows without giving dates or locations...
  2. I like the Popmart opener, I don't think it's a historical badly show. And I think even the worst U2 show has some great performances, like the first Chicago show, that Vertigo version was the worst ever but it has Bad, which was great that night. I don't think there are any 100% bad U2 shows, even shows like 1989 Amsterdam which was interrupted because of Bono's horrible voice features some great live performances.
  3. Here's a good question...
    was there ever a bad ZooTv show?
  4. Mmmh... interesting question... I think it depends if you're listening a bootleg or if you pay a ticket. I mean, if you go to a stadium and something disspoints you, you'll have the perspective it was a bad show, but then, if you hear an incomplete concert in the context of a review it may be interesting why things happened like that. I remember first Popmart show in Mexico City, when happened the incident with the president' son. I was in the audience that night and it was terrible, because there was a more-than-one-hour gap between the opening act and U2 and they were angry onstage. Bono teased the front row people because they asked him to throw his guitar, pointin' they had gone to the show for memorabilia not for the music. Then, they played less songs ---when I saw the DVD with the next night performance I rejected not having tickets for that day instead of the first concert. But when I heard the bootleg, I noticed nothing of that came through... their performance was good in sound terms, though it was a real mess.
  5. Hmm Bono said he is proud of Popmart Mexico even though i believe it to be utter shit.
    Much like Chicago vertigo

For Popmart the could have filmed Leeds, or Santiago, the two best

And on Vertigo, oh God hey had a real bounty of great shows like Anhaheim, Japan, and any of the NYC shows. All of them bloody amazing.
  6. Ok, let me rephrase the question then.

Any shows where the band messed up horribly? Akin to Edge's guitar smashing on Gone?
  7. Originally posted by HisFlynessOk, let me rephrase the question then.

Any shows where the band messed up horribly? Akin to Edge's guitar smashing on Gone?

1989-12-18 - Amsterdam, Bono's voice completely ruined and he tries to go on, which makes it worse. Listen New Year's Day and you'll see how bad it gets.
    About Edge, I think his worst concert is Red Rocks, because his guitar is below the minimum level of reverb and, in consecuence, he oftenly sounds miles away from the rest of the band. It's no big deal, and a very basic thing for guitar players, so I wonder why did taht happen to him.
  8. I love the red rocks concert! I don't agree that Edge was playing bad that night! I really loved his guitar work as usual.
  9. 1992-05-18 - Barcelona, Spain - Palau Sant Jordi was not a good concert.
  10. the worst outdoor show on the vertigo tour? asids from Vienna after Live8 which we all know was shit.
  11. Probably Rotterdam 1992. The band played a very bad version of Who's going to Ride Your wild horses amongst others...
  12. 1st night in Manchester on the Vertigo tour wasn't the greatest to attend. I think that there had been some problems with the local council asking them to finish by 10pm so the band's schedule was disupted and the screen visuals didn't come through too well as for most of the gig it was daylight.