1. Originally posted by sambo1974Probably Rotterdam 1992. The band played a very bad version of Who's going to Ride Your wild horses amongst others...

That live cut of Wild Horses is amazing!

By the band's own consent, most of the 1st leg of Vertigo was unremarkable on the whole. Not to say the return of the Boy material wasn't triumphant, but the worries over Edge's daughter really cast a dark cloud over spring 2005. Then the show took off when it went outdoors in Europe over the summer.

Popmart opener, Boston on 5th June '01, the Joshua Tree show when Bono dislocated his shoulder (he said he was frustrated, and slipped).

And about Red rocks: Edge's distance from the band is part of what makes that recording so cool. I would say in terms of unique sound quality, Red Rocks is by far my favorite live recording ever. For another cool show chekc out Familiar to Millions by Oasis
  2. Originally posted by AAV711[..]

For another cool show chekc out Familiar to Millions by Oasis

forget familiar to millions - if anyone wants oasis live and at their best i recommend live at the Barrowlands 2001 or live Southend 1995.
    trust me guys im a HUGE oasis fan and have over 30 live oasis boots.
    by the way if anyone is looking for any of the 2 mentioned shows i can post them - and they are both soundboard perfect quality recodings.

3. That's be awesome!

Love the sound of those cheeky Oasis buggers!

Post away Robbie!
  4. Originally posted by kellogs24That's be awesome!

Love the sound of those cheeky Oasis buggers!

Post away Robbie!

do you want Barrowlands 01 or Southend 95 or both?
    ive also got an acoustic show live from Toronto last year with Noel on vocals, again soundboard - and its absolutely brilliant.
  5. Forget Oasis, that guy Noel is a real asshole. Always saying bad things from Bono.
  6. Originally posted by BrunonandesForget Oasis, that guy Noel is a real asshole. Always saying bad things from Bono.

yeah but noel hates everyone really. hes a moody sod and speaks his mind. but the one thing oasis and u2 have is mutual respect for each others music.
    i have seen loads of noel interviews in which he has praised u2 as a band and bono as probobly being the best song/lyrics writer around at the moment. but newspapers tend to publish the one or two smart ass comments noel makes about about bono and his charity work - its just the media trying to make a story out of nothing really.

on the other hand i read an interview on u2.com some weeks ago entitled "the songs they wish they had written" - where the u2 band members were asked wish songs they wished they had written themselves.
    the edge said "wonderwall" and of the seven or eight bono mentioned "live forever" was included.

7. 1989, 16th. of December in Dortmund was total crap!

Bono´s voice was down. OK. But instead to stop the concert and announce a new one for the ticket holders (like Amsterdam!) the band left the stage after only 70 or 75 minutes.

The whole audience was totally angry and yelled loudly.

I was somewhat confused about my favourite band because the concert the day before was one of most brillant ever.
    And after hearing Sarajewo many years later i asked myself why Edge did not sing!
  8. Berlin 1981-11-14, extremely cold audience, that's why the band didn't performed very well, not energetic. It has to be very dissapointing to play your best and get such a cold response.
    Also Sarajev 97-09-23, and (you probably kill me) San Diego '05-03-28 (I like the performance, but it's fulled of mistakes and failures!).
    Anyway, no-U2-Show is bad...