1. There is a new You Too, you can vote for this new poll on the frontpage and discuss it in this thread.

The last You Too:
    What did you make of Stranded (Haiti Mon Amour)? (started on 2010-02-08)

It's OK, it's a charity song, lot's can be forgiven - 34.6%
    Brilliant, given it was written in a day - 15.6%
    Edge's guitar is great but nothing else works for me - 14.1%
    I really like the bits that don't have Jay-Z in them - 12.7%
    I didn't hear it - 11.7%
    Utter rubbish, I hate it - 10.7%
    I really like the bits that don't have Bono in them - 0.6%

Votes: 488

The question of this new You Too is:

Did you, and how did you, ever listen to U2 covers?
    - Yes, I attended a concert of a U2 tribute band
    - Yes, I have one or more U2 tribute albums
    - I did listen to a few U2 covers in the past, nothing more
    - I play my own U2 covers
    - Nothing is better than the real thing for me

Please vote on the frontpage of the website, in this thread you can tell us why you voted for your answer.
    Your vote is valued! Thank you!
  2. I have tickets for U2NL this year so I chose the first one. i frequently listen to covers, mostly on Youtube.
  3. I play my own U2 covers
  4. Try and put together my own, always interested in finding out other interpretations of the boys' material, often find myself checking out Wikipedia's entries for each song and seeing who's done what etc. aswell as just YouTube-ing U2 covers etc.

Think that just about covers it

5. Ahem, which we have still YET to see...

I love going to see U2 cover bands. 2U are the best I've seen (only twice). I have no musical talent or ability, so I have to rely on the bands to create the magic for me.
  6. I saw the U2-Tribute Band "ZooTV" (hope the name is right) 4 times in Kiel. 3 times they played very good, but the last Gig was Horror. It seems that the singer was very drunken at the last gig. They played everytime during the "Kieler Woche". The Tribute-Band never played in Kiel again since this last Horror-Show.

I often watch Youtube-Videos from U2-Cover Bands or single-Players (guitars). Some are really great!
  7. I listen to a few covers. Really like the Angélique Kidjo cover of Mysterious Ways. Peter Mulvey cover of The Fly is really good too. I also kinda like the cover of I Will Follow by WAZ. Sounds totally different from U2 but in a good way I think.

8. Have some covers, like some of them, dislike others. I never understood the purpose of U2 imitation bands, though.
  9. Originally posted by yeah:Have some covers, like some of them, dislike others. I never understood the purpose of U2 imitation bands, though.

Cheaper. And another excuse for several beers.
  10. Very true

The bands at the U2.de Party the night before 360 Berlin were great. Made for a good night with bevvy, U2 folk and U2 tunes...whats not to like?
  11. Just recorded a cheap one-off cover of "Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around the World" using a sample of the recurring sound that lays over the guitar line every 8 counts or so...did all of the synth, guitar, and voice behind it myself. The faint drumming was from the sample, that's not me, nor was it intended to be in this cover...I meant for it to be a more mystical cover...but it fits all the same, and doesn't really end up detracting.

My voice is quiet, cause the parents are upstairs sleeping But other than that, I'm not that embarassed by it at all, seeing as how everything was done on the first take and it only took me an hour. Feel pretty accomplished

EDIT:

DAMNIT!

These hosting websites are giving me a lot of shit and troubles about uploading my .wav file, and it's getting late, I've got school in the morning...I'll upload tomorrow. Was excited to share
  12. Create a mp3, smaller and good enough