1. Howdy ya`ll,

have a few gigs on vhs tapes and was wondering does anyone know how de hell do you put them to dvd,any help would be greatly appriceated

Kevo
  2. Only solution I can come up with is to play them through a VHS player and record back on to DVD.

Don't know of any snazzy gadgets such as the vinyl to USB contraption.
  3. cheers will try that so
  4. I use an old DV video camera as a "bridge." It converts the analog video signal into DV video that can be captured onto a hard drive via Firewire.

There are dedicated devices fro this, but you can probably pick up a used DV video camera more cheaply.
  5. I used to have a program called Dazzle, which came with a little converter box that had the 3 RCA colored jacks on one end, and a USB port on the other. The accompanying software allowed you to real-time capture VHS from your VCR (plugged into the box via the RCA cables, and then into your machine via USB), and it either wrote them directly to the DVD, or did it in a separate process afterwards...the only hassle was that it was in real-time, and the machine was practically useless while it was going on. Otherwise, I reccomend it highly.