1. What is Bono singing at the end of the acoustic version they just posted?

“The year of the….
    Virus or fiction and reality tv
    Why so many mothers cry?
    Religion is the enemy
    Holy spirit guide
    And the battle just began
    Where is the victory Jesus won”
  2. Originally posted by JoeHar:What is Bono singing at the end of the acoustic version they just posted?

“The year of the….
    Virus or fiction and reality tv
    Why so many mothers cry?
    Religion is the enemy
    Holy spirit guide
    And the battle just began
    Where is the victory Jesus won”
    Hear of the murder scene
    Virus or fiction? Reality Tv

Something like that 😅 Makes no sense to me
  3. Wonder if this one the reworked songs
  4. Looks like it could well be the start of promoting acoustic tunes anyway. Would be a bit random if not and coincidental after all the rework talks. Have to say after getting a proper chance to listen to it I’m not a big fan. Mainly the way Bono’s singing it.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Looks like it could well be the start of promoting acoustic tunes anyway. Would be a bit random if not and coincidental after all the rework talks. Have to say after getting a proper chance to listen to it I’m not a big fan. Mainly the way Bono’s singing it.
    Why would this be the start of promoting acoustic tunes?
  6. Well the plan is to release a reworkings album this year including acoustic versions so why wouldn’t it be the start? I’am just realising though today is the 50th anniversary of Bloody Sunday so maybe not but it could still be a taster of what they’ve been working on.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Looks like it could well be the start of promoting acoustic tunes anyway. Would be a bit random if not and coincidental after all the rework talks. Have to say after getting a proper chance to listen to it I’m not a big fan. Mainly the way Bono’s singing it.
    Disagree. I like the intimacy and in my opinion, it’s suits Bono’s voice well. If this was an indication of an acoustic reworking of songs, I may be pleasantly surprised. One of the most impressive pieces they’ve done recently and it’s not even an official release. It’s just lacking some studio polish.
  8. There could still be plenty of good reworkings even if this one isn’t to our liking.
  9. Bono seems to be struggling to sing just like RTSS from Christmas. I’m wondering if it’s not just age but possible he got COVID and it’s causing breath shortness as a result.