1. There is a new You Too, you can vote for this new poll on the frontpage and discuss it in this thread.

The last You Too:

How many third and fourth leg U2 360° tour shows will you (try to) attend? (poll started on 2010-03-29)

Just one show - 36.4%
    None, they're not playing anywhere near - 27.5%
    Two or three shows - 20.2%
    Between three and five shows - 5.2%
    More than five shows - 3.9%
    None, other reasons.. - 3.7%
    None, I'll wait for a new tour - 3.1%

Votes: 484

The question of this new You Too is:

What would you prefer, a club or a stadium show and why?

- Club, the performance is often better
    - Club, there are more hardcore fans
    - Club, other reason
    - Stadium, higher chance on tickets
    - Stadium, more spectacle than a club
    - Stadium, other reason
    - I prefer both equally

Please vote on the frontpage of the website, in this thread you can tell us why you voted for your answer.
    Your vote is valued! Thank you!
  2. Club for sure. Who doesen't want to be close enough that you can smell there aftershave, maybe yell freebird.
  3. Though, performances are often better and more intimate. But in a club i would surely miss the >50 000 around me singing and jumping.

Will vote for the club though.
  4. I've never been to any U2 concert but watched recently U2 live from Irving Plaza, NY. It's just really something, especially acoustic version of TGBHF. Amazing song, great performing. So, I'd choose club.... but U2 is U2, I think they're great in any scale.
  5. Looks like I'll be the first to say stadium...I'm all about arena shows to be honest, but since that wasn't an option, I had to vote stadium...I would just miss so much of Willie William's genius in a club, not to mention the thousands of people celebrating music alongside each other. Early U2 works in a club for me; not anymore.
  6. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:Looks like I'll be the first to say stadium...I'm all about arena shows to be honest, but since that wasn't an option, I had to vote stadium...I would just miss so much of Willie William's genius in a club, not to mention the thousands of people celebrating music alongside each other. Early U2 works in a club for me; not anymore.

+1
  7. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:Looks like I'll be the first to say stadium...I'm all about arena shows to be honest, but since that wasn't an option, I had to vote stadium...I would just miss so much of Willie William's genius in a club, not to mention the thousands of people celebrating music alongside each other. Early U2 works in a club for me; not anymore.

I more or less agree... Nowaday's U2 are "designed" for a stadium. But if they changed their approach to the live shows, they could fit in theatres and clubs again, for sure.

The problem is: which CONCERT do you prefer?, not which VENUE.
  8. Madison Square Garden is the best of both worlds for them (and others) They thrive in arenas more than clubs. Bono and the band have stated the have the clubs and LOVE outdoors. But outdoors, even with the claw, cant touch everyone like a show in an arena can.
  9. Stadium...but it has to be in Latin America..the fans here make the show something bigger and more awesome than in other places...The band feels it, what improves their performance, in my opinon

10. both equally.

I wouldn't pass up tickets to either.

the stadium shows have the spectacular stage designs and massive crowd interactions, but clubs are really intimate, and the Irving Plaza '00 video is one of my favourite boots ever.
  11. Didnt expect to see so many stadium votes