1. Even though I've never been to one (U2, anyway), I'd prefer an arena show over anything. I've seen shows in almost every type of venue- at least all the ones I could think of- and arena shows are always the best.
  2. Arena's are indoor baseball stadiums? Im not sure what the difference is

U2 played the Amsterdam ArenA but i get the feeling you mean something else than that
  3. Originally posted by Risto:Arena's are indoor baseball stadiums? Im not sure what the difference is

U2 played the Amsterdam ArenA but i get the feeling you mean something else than that

Not really. More like indoor basketball stadiums, with capacities of 10-20.000 and not more than 40 meters long GA.

EDIT. This is an arena:

4. Hmm okay, yeah that would be amazing. But too small for the claw
  5. Originally posted by Risto:Arena's are indoor baseball stadiums? Im not sure what the difference is

General/Common United Center:

U2 at the United Center:

The stage takes up about 45% of the arena floor, making it a much more intimate experience, even for those in the nosebleeds. Hard to tell where the stage comes out to from this angle, but here- though the arena isn't full, you can still see the furthest point from the stage on the floor is still an amazing seat, seeing as how nobody gets to be back behind the mix booth.

As opposed to...Soldier Field:

...where everything is much more spread out.

Arenas are much cooler to me because the lighting is controlled, weather is never an issue, and the overall effects can take a much more 360° (absolutely no pun intended) effect. For example, the LED displays in the United Center that circle the arena are used in U2's arena show, and in Solider Field, the stage is the center of attention. Everything seems much more brought together in an arena show.

United Center capacity: [roughly] 22,000 for a General Admission event
    Solider Field capacity: [roughly] 65,000 for a General Admission event
  6. Damnit Sergio, you beat me to it.
  7. Nice photos Thank you both for the explanations

Hard pick, think U2 are made for stadiums though.

But you are right, smaller indoor venues are easier to control. Too bad we dont really have many venues like that in Holland that are used for concerts.
  8. Stadiums equals more £$£$£$ and should also make ticket prices cheaper
  9. Stadium it'll be!

What would you prefer, a club or a stadium show and why? (started on 2010-04-12)

Stadium, more spectacle than a club - 24.9%
    Club, the performance is often better - 18.4%
    I prefer both equally - 17.2%
    Club, there are more hardcore fans - 15.6%
    Club, other reason - 12.7%
    Stadium, higher chance on tickets - 7.4%
    Stadium, other reason - 3.8%

Votes: 418