1. There is a new You Too, you can vote for this new poll on the frontpage and discuss it in this thread.

The last You Too:

What would you prefer, a club or a stadium show and why? (started on 2010-04-12)

Stadium, more spectacle than a club - 24.9%
    Club, the performance is often better - 18.4%
    I prefer both equally - 17.2%
    Club, there are more hardcore fans - 15.6%
    Club, other reason - 12.7%
    Stadium, higher chance on tickets - 7.4%
    Stadium, other reason - 3.8%

Votes: 418

The question of this new You Too is:

What do you think of Breathe being cut-off the Pasadena DVD?

- I agree, I didn't like the song as the show opener
    - I agree, as long as it doesn't affect the overall watching experience
    - I don't think it's a good idea, but we'll see how it ends up
    - I didn't like when I heard about it, I strongly disagree
    - I'm upset with it, I probably won't buy the DVD just for that
    - If they had to move one song to a bonus disc, it had to be Breathe

Please vote on the frontpage of the website, in this thread you can tell us why you voted for your answer.
    Your vote is valued! Thank you!
  2. I disagree, but if they had to move one song to a bonus disc, it had to be Breathe.

One of the worst opener U2 ever had. It just sounds so flat, although Larry starting the song is a good idea.
  3. I disagree... it seems they don´t want or are unable to release full length show...
  4. I disagree. Breath is the opening , so i think it should be on..but if it's a bonus track it's ok.

5. Yeah. Pay more to see the full show...
  6. I strongly disagree. Taking the opening track off just to make you buy the 2disc version is plain money-sucking business. The average U2 fan (unlike us who are more deeply into this whole tour thing) or those who are just getting it out of interest for a U2 show will miss the opening song. How stupid is that
  7. I'm pretty laid back about theses kinda things, i mean its only music and i accept that economics/logistic influence alot of what the band do; but for the life of me i cannot understand why they have dropped the opening song to a concert. Its not like a technical fault because then it wouldn't be on the bonus disc and neither is it like dropping a song mid set, atleast then it flows, after all boston wasn't too bad
  8. I'll reserve proper judgement till I've seen the DVD.

For now I'd have to choose an imaginary option: - I don't give a...

Breathe is piss poor anyway, so for all I care they could have edited out Boots and Magnificent, too while they were at it. I'm pretty sure that my DVD will start with Mysterious Ways. If I watch it more than once that is.
  9. I agree on disagreeing on Breathe's cut out of the DVD. It may be a bonus track on the DVD, but I'd like to pay my money for the full show in all it's 360 degree glory. Sure, Breathe may not be the best opener for a U2 show, but hearing Larry's awesome drumming really kicks the show into high gear. And as much as I really like GOYB, it sounds kinda "akward" to be an opener. I'm interested in hearing it as an opener, though.
  10. They probably cut it because Bono flubbed the lyrics right around the "cockatoo" line. (I think it was that line-anyway) It was too noticeable and probably didn't want it to take away from the show on DVD, especially as the opening. I thought that they would have tried to edit it and smooth it over. I guess not, bummer.
  11. I chose whichever one was "against it, but yeah, whatever". Can't remember exactly what it said.

I was PISSED upon initially hearing about it, but in the long run, it's just a DVD. We have countless amazing quality fan-shots and an audio bootleg of almost every gig of the tour thus far...sure, it sucks that the official pro-shot material takes some finagling to watch proper, but seriously, it's intriguing me MORE to see how the hell they plan on opening up the DVD without the Kingdom intro, and the band already on the stage.

Whatever.
  12. I didn't like when I heard about it, I strongly disagree.

I don't like it as a opener, but I don't understand why they have to cut just one song...If they had cut 2 or 3, I'd understand...