1. Hey all, I'm Scott from Scotland (yeah I know it's gonna be hard to remember that ). I've never seen the band live mostly because there's nobody to go with - lol people I know would prefer to see The Killers or Foo Fighters or most of the time they go to T in the Park - but I've heard them live and seen enough videos to be able to lie and say I have lol
    Anyway, thanks for this wonderful site and all the music, I couldn't live without it
  2. Welcome to the site, Scott, there's plenty of fun that goes around here- can't wait to see you in on it!
  3. Welcome on board Scott
  4. Welcome to the site

Dont forget to show yourself on the forums some times. Especially when the tour continues again. Dozens of fans will be refreshing twitter / u2start to find out what the boys have been playing. Sometimes we listen to some (mostly crappy) live stream as well.
  5. Hey Scott, nice to have you around, welcome

never hesitate to go to a U2 show on your own -- you'll meet ten thousands friends there who share the love for U2 you always meet nice new people there. In the queue, in GA, after the show.... don't let your friends who listen to other bands keep you from seeing them live I hope you can see them this summer as the tour comes back to Europe.

However, enjoy your time around here, looking forward to getting to know you
  6. I went to one U2 show alone. Don't regret it at all.

Plus you could meet some of the members here. We have lists of who goes to which show.

7. Welcome Scott
    Greetings from Germany
  8. welcome
  9. Hi Scott

Welcome

Have a great time!

10. Enjoy your stay in here....welcome!
  11. Thanks everyone

Only discovered the site about the week before I made this thread and now my hard drive is literally giving me a warning about how full it is!.

I always thought going to see them alone would be like when I went to the cinema myself (not that I do that regularly) and maybe I'm a bit nuts, but that feels kinda weird!.
    I think the only person I know of that likes them is mum, I buy her all the CD's so that's where my interest came from in the first place.... And she does have a birthday on the way... But going to see them with mum would be even weirder.
    (I always think Michael Ball is the kinda thing you go to with mum. Not because you like them, but because she does and wont stop mentioning that he has a performance in a few months so you go to keep her happy.)

Will be thinking about the idea of going myself. Especially as this feels like the last great tour by them... But hopefully, just hopefully, I'll meet someone who likes them and not just the Red Hot Chilli Peppers!!.
  12. welcome from chicago