1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    YES. That has no precedent before or after in U2's touring history and is an absolute landmark. The setlist we saw in Barcelona 2009 was >50% different from what Moncton got. It's unprecedented for U2, and yet another reason why this tour is head and shoulders above all the rest (except Zoo TV).
    E&I was quite similar though despite the lack of rotation from night to night. If you seen both opening and closing shows on that tour you would have seen 35 different songs exact same as 360. For people who can afford it and like rotation seeing tours on different legs is definitely the way to go for variety.
  2. During 8 shows of 360° I've seen 44 different songs... so about 2 totally different shows
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Did you eventually go spoiler-free? Can't remember (although I was reading the first few pages of this thread yesterday and saw you, Matt, Kirsten etc talking about the ups and cons of going spoiler-free)
    Partly spioler free... I knew they play new songs but haven't heard any... and was kinda expecting Hold Me Thrill Me...
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    YES. That has no precedent before or after in U2's touring history and is an absolute landmark. The setlist we saw in Barcelona 2009 was >50% different from what Moncton got. It's unprecedented for U2, and yet another reason why this tour is head and shoulders above all the rest (except Zoo TV).

I think that says more about the album they were initially promoting and the quality of the new songs they were bringing in 2010. In the last part of the tour they only played old(er) tunes. Not sure if that's a good thing. The tour was too big to ditch after 2 or 3 legs, so that's why they kept on going and changing stuff. It's hard to compare to other tours.
  5. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]

I think that says more about the album they were initially promoting and the quality of the new songs they were bringing in 2010. In the last part of the tour they only played old(er) tunes. Not sure if that's a good thing. The tour was too big to ditch after 2 or 3 legs, so that's why they kept on going and changing stuff. It's hard to compare to other tours.
    It says more about how confident they were about the album at late tour than about the real quality...
  6. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    It says more about how confident they were about the album at late tour than about the real quality...
    I didn't say quality in relation to NLOTH, but to the new 2010 songs. They were just ideas in progress. NLOTH just didn't fit that well with the magnitude of 360. I actually think they never got the setlist right for 360.
  7. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    I didn't say quality in relation to NLOTH, but to the new 2010 songs. They were just ideas in progress. NLOTH just didn't fit that well with the magnitude of 360. I actually think they never got the setlist right for 360.
    I agree. The album doesn't fit at all with the massive 360 tour. NLOTH would be a better indoors.