1. I’m glad to have listened to Window in the skies a bit more over the last 5 months or so. I’ve always been guilty of underplaying non album tracks but after the ATYCLB anniversary release I made up my own albums of non album stuff based on era’s and now they get more playing time. I’ve always been a fan of this song though great tune.
  2. Just listened to this for the first time in ages and really enjoyed it. Love the lyrics and the chorus. Can see why it'd be tough to pull off live though.
  3. It was okay, it didn't overwhelm me on it's release. It's songs like this where U2 sound like a Beatles pastiche that don't age so well. I'm all for influence and although this has some U2 trademarks on it, their own influence is always better.
  4. Originally posted by EridescoFly:It was okay, it didn't overwhelm me on it's release. It's songs like this where U2 sound like a Beatles pastiche that don't age so well. I'm all for influence and although this has some U2 trademarks on it, their own influence is always better.
    Fair assessment musically, especially. Lyrically it's very much "their own influence" and trademark, though, as it's full of biblical imagery, as Bono often draws from.

Kinda interesting when contrasted with a song like "All You Need Is Love" that doesn't draw on anything transcendent at all for its inspiration...
  5. Both the official video accompanying this song are superb and accentuate the lyrical and musical feeling exponentially.