1. Originally posted by kris_smith87:Original Of The Species is one of my favourties from Bomb but I don't often listen to it which is a shame! Is it the single mix that has more outro vocals? I'll need to revist!
    Same here honestly. Weird I never go for it but anytime Bomb is brought up my mind goes to this song and how great it is.
  2. miracle drug, sometimes you can't make it on your own, love and peace or else and original of the species are classics to me, i'm surprised how they stop to give attention to these songs
  3. imo love and peace or else is the best song off the album they should bring it back this tour. im also a fan of ABOY i know im in the minority there though
  4. With no context or nostalgia factor involved, HTDAAB is one of U2's best albums, and Blinding Lights one of their best songs ever.

But there is context and nostalgia factor, so for me is in the bottom half of U2's albums.

(about context: if I imagine for a second that an indie band released HTDAAB as their debut album, I think that every single music critic would be salivating all over that album and heralding that band as the big next thing. But U2... meh... it's a bit derivative, their best years are behind, and so on... that's what I mean with "context" in here)
  5. Originally posted by U2PopMofo:imo love and peace or else is the best song off the album they should bring it back this tour. im also a fan of ABOY i know im in the minority there though
    Both those tunes are killer
  6. Originally posted by JimmyMac91:[..]
    Oh I get it, and must look like a guy who loves the "hits". WOWY is the greatest bass line in the history of the recorded medium, and One is just perfect on every level but some of the other big ones like Still Haven't Found, Streets, Desire, Angel of Harlem do very little for me when compared to my favourite three. Off the top of my head Zooropa and Ultra Violet would probably round out my top five songs...does that give me a little more street cred? LMAO

I really enjoy reading reviews from people still not influenced by U2 online communities, I find them very refreshing.

Now... if you take a couple of minutes to read any thread, you'll realize that nobody agrees on anything around here so it's not personal
  7. Originally posted by U2PopMofo:imo love and peace or else is the best song off the album they should bring it back this tour. im also a fan of ABOY i know im in the minority there though
    Agree... and I also like Vertigo and Fast Cars... only these 4 songs I still listen to... rest is meh to me...
  8. I can't see them because they try to forget this album... but would be amazing!
  9. Originally posted by siblis:I don't think any u2 album has been as great as the Joshua tree or actung baby, and I'm talking about every track it n the album, not just 4 or 5 tracks.

A lot of it is down to timing rather than the quality of the record the masses were only discovering U2 when the JT came out it was fresh ,new, exciting ,this little Irish band conquering America.Most big bands have that massive seller or classic album that defines them U2 have had 2,3,4 maybe?War and Unforgettable fire were equally as important.
  10. For me HTDAAB brought out some of the band's best work. Obviously, Vertigo was a massive hit, but you have beautiful melodies in COBL, SYCMIOYO & Original of the species (this is musically & lyrically amazing). I'm also a big ABOY fan.
  11. Originally posted by iamcrazytonight:For me HTDAAB brought out some of the band's best work. Obviously, Vertigo was a massive hit, but you have beautiful melodies in COBL, SYCMIOYO & Original of the species (this is musically & lyrically amazing). I'm also a big ABOY fan.
    And all of those tunes are awesome live