1. Hi,

I've made a quick search through the forums and didn't find a similar topic so... This could be interesting

I came up with this idea after i heard some music from Hungary and Croatia and was quite surprised

So, please share some unknown songs/groups/pieces of music... That are quite popular in your country, but not in others.
    NOTE : maybe it's best if you'd share music where the lyrics are in English (if there are any). As most of us won't understand Dutch/Hungarian/Swedish etc, it would lose some of it's value, even if the music is good.
  2. Yeh so there's this band from Dublin, been around for a while.. Think they're call U2? Maybe check 'em out

Nah, The Coronas or The Script would probably be the biggest bands from Ireland around now
  3. I'll start
    EDIT : Damn too slow

Clouseau - Close Encounters
    This is a group that has been HUGE in Flanders for years with Dutch (well, "Vlaams" actually) songs.
    They tried to conquer England by changing some songs to English and i'm really surprised this didn't score...
    Chosen because ?
    - I think it has a bit of the mood that WOWY also creates
    - The singer looks a bit like early Bono imo

4. The Black Box Revelation
    Rock-group that's been skyrocketing the last years.
    Only 2men, but some really fresh cool music.
    This is one of the few hits, "High On A Wire"
    If you like that one, i'd recommand "I Think I Like You" ; "Never Alone/Always Together" too

5. Originally posted by jofice:Yeh so there's this band from Dublin, been around for a while.. Think they're call U2? Maybe check 'em out

Nah, The Coronas or The Script would probably be the biggest bands from Ireland around now

Haha was expecting that
    Hmm don't know them, will look that up thanks
  6. Will post some others and wait what everyone thinks about the topic then first

Das Pop - Never Get Enough
    This one just cheered me up the whole summer long
    The singer also looks kinda weird but became very popular after participating a famous quiz.

Admiral Freebee
    (What a cool name huh ?)
    He's known for songs with great lyrics...
    I wanted to post "Oh Darkness", but only found a decent version where the lyrics put in the video are wrong so here's "Rag's And Run". Also great : "Einstein Brain"

dEUS - The Architect
    I think they were also known in the Netherlands and France but i'm not sure...
    Anyway this a rock-group that's been going on for some years know and this is one of their latest hits, but there are many ("Nothing Really End", "Suds And Soda",...)

7. I live in America, sooo yeah
  8. Is there anything good from the USA then ?
    No seriously, i think it's a shame almost all the music you hear on the radio worldwide come from the USA or UK... Like that's the only thing good
  9. Originally posted by BelgianBono:Is there anything good from the USA then ?
    No seriously, i think it's a shame almost all the music you hear on the radio worldwide come from the USA or UK... Like that's the only thing good

Now that you mention it, all that really comes to mind for me is The Killers. Oh, and Montana 1948, but no one anywhere has heard of them xD Give em a listen!

10. Dave Dobbyn is a Kiwi Legend, involved with the ONE campaign, Amnesty - got a shout out from Bono when they played here last.

This song is about our little mongrel country made of all the worlds people!

11. Sorry i didn't wanted to laugh with you/American music at all !
    I was being sarcastic America has good music of course, but i mean it's not the only country that has talent

And i like the song thanks for sharing
    Not so keen on the Killers though
  12. Some of Brazilian greatest rock and roll:

Legião Urbana (Urban Legion):

Barão Vermelho (Red Baron):

And an older guy who played more traditional music, Chico Buarque:

Hope you enjoy, I´ll post the lyrics and translations later, I´m off to bed now!

EDIT: By the way, some awesome things in Belgium, huh?