1. Originally posted by Ali709:On a lighter note...the new government in Iran is doing well so far, more specifically the foreign minister, Javad Zarif who I believe is doing the best job between all ministers. He's really changing the tone...he's using Twitter and Facebook to connect with people around the world personally. Yesterday he had a short tweet conversation with Nancy Pelosi's daughter:

http://www.businessinsider.com/javad-zarif-tweets-with-christine-pelosi-2013-9

You can see the tweets here:

The new government is doing all possible to bring moderation back...I just hope the Syria situation doesn't mess it up.

Agree. As some tweeter said, "New Iran FM" and "History being made" right there.

THis tweet is brilliant too:

It seems that most/a lot of the beligerance is gone and what's left? A lot of absolutely understandable and agreeable-with arguments.
  2. Yea. He's doing what he can. His whole stance about the Syria situation has been to suggest that radicals in the middle east and the US are making a trap to push a reluctant President Obama to war. All his interviews for the past week had a similar message. Instead of what we would probably hear before from Ahmadinejad..something along the lines of if you attack syria, israel will be wiped out :-/
    How thankful we all are that he's no longer the representative of our country!
  3. So sad that this change of tone isn't coming across too clearly in the western countries

4. The Syrian situation is distorting it...and well, Ahmadinejad made things very hard to fix...it's not easy to wipe 8 years of idiotic rhetoric off people's minds.
  5. Yes, it will be a few years until the global impression of "Iran is basically a softer and muslim version of North Korea" is gone. Let's hope that the Combatant Clergy Association wins again in 2017 so they have enough time to do so
  6. Originally posted by Ali709:On a lighter note...the new government in Iran is doing well so far, more specifically the foreign minister, Javad Zarif who I believe is doing the best job between all ministers. He's really changing the tone...he's using Twitter and Facebook to connect with people around the world personally. Yesterday he had a short tweet conversation with Nancy Pelosi's daughter:

http://www.businessinsider.com/javad-zarif-tweets-with-christine-pelosi-2013-9

You can see the tweets here:

The new government is doing all possible to bring moderation back...I just hope the Syria situation doesn't mess it up.

Nancy Pelosi sucks (this is not just my opinion, but that of just about every American not in San Francisco), but her daughter is fairly respectable.
  7. Originally posted by Ali709:Yea. He's doing what he can. His whole stance about the Syria situation has been to suggest that radicals in the middle east and the US are making a trap to push a reluctant President Obama to war. All his interviews for the past week had a similar message. Instead of what we would probably hear before from Ahmadinejad..something along the lines of if you attack syria, israel will be wiped out :-/
    How thankful we all are that he's no longer the representative of our country!

Don't know what radicals in the U.S. you are talking about. The majority of the country has no interest in bombing Syria.

8. You don't, find it interesting how immature, and foul the American left is when the don't like someone?

9. I don't find it interesting at all.