1989-12-18 - Amsterdam
Tour: Lovetown
Songs played: 17
Audio recordings: 4
Videos: 1
  1. Every month we have a U2 show in the spotlights, the show of this month took place on 1989-12-18 - Amsterdam, Netherlands - Rai Europa Hal. You can download this show, read reviews or write your own review on the show page here. In this thread you can discuss this show!

Setlist
    Hawkmoon 269
    Desire
    All Along The Watchtower
    All I Want Is You / Sexual Healing (snippet)
    In God's Country (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name
    I Will Follow
    I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Exodus (snippet)
    MLK
    The Unforgettable Fire
    God Part II
    Help
    Bad
    Van Diemen's Land
    New Year's Day
    Pride (In The Name Of Love)

encore(s):

Comments:
    One of the shortest gigs of U2 ever, this show was abrubted due to voice problems of Bono. Aside from that, which already makes this show memorable, this show featured an awesome opening song named Hawkmoon 269. Also the recording we have available is really good listenable.

Show Page
    1989-12-18 - Amsterdam, Netherlands - Rai Europa Hal
  2. Starting with Hawkmoon can't be bad
    I'll grab it immediately, thanks for the tip
  3. Legendaaaaaaaaaary show. Best Hawkmoon ever, last Hawkmoon ever, and only Hawkmoon to be performed outside Australia ever. Great
  4. nice to see this show as show of the month
  5. I love Hawkmoon 269 and Desire from this show. Unfortunate that it got ended early

I believe I uploaded this on the torrent section a while back.
  6. Great show !

You did upload the torrent See Related Content below!
  7. Just listened to it.

Lovely Hawkmoon,
    Great Unforgettable Fire,
    Amazing audience,
    Terrible voice of Bono at some parts (but that's been said before)
  8. Can't believe it, it is the show of the month, but I was actually at this show. I was very sorry that the show was short, but Bono was troubled al lot with his voice. The next there was supposed to be another show, which I would also go to, but this one was also cancelled. The shows were rescheduled in january 1990 in Ahoy, Rotterdam. I was lucky enough to go to both shows in january also. I think those shows took place after the legendary Point Depot concert where U2 announced to dream it al up again.

This concert was in Amsterdam, the rai, not you're typical concertvenue.

Great to see it here!

Marja
  9. Weird and funny review Glad you were there, what a time to be U2 fan!!
  10. This is a fantastic show indeed, and I know its the last performance of "Hawkmoon 269", but I'd really love to call everyone's attention to 2001-07-12: Cologne, where there is a great snippet of the first verse or so of Hawkmoon right before "Desire"...I was sitting in an airport listening to the gig at random, and when the song started and Bono sang Hawkmoon, I almost started jumping up and down. Great gig, and if you find yourself on a Hawkmoon trip afterwards, definitely head for this one
  11. I have this one somewhere and I remember listening to it a lot because I thought it was that good. And it still is.
  12. I was at that show. For those who didn't get tickets for the shows in AHOY january 1990 got a refund,.
    So this was a free concert back in 1989.
    Due to voiceproblems from Bono the setlist was short.No BB King part this evening.
    I came for U2 so that didn't matter. In the begining the concert was more than OK, Hawkmoon 269 as showopener was more terrific.
    Nice to have this bootleg.