1. There is a new You Too, you can vote for this new poll on the frontpage and discuss it in this thread.

The last You Too:
    What are your thoughts on Wide Awake In Europe? (poll started on 2010-12-21)

I think it's a great collectors item, would love to have one - 50.7%
    A release with only three songs, not even great ones? Pointless release. - 20.9%
    It's yet another commercial release, I am not interested - 11.6%
    Only time will tell what this release will mean to U2 - 10.7%
    It's one of U2's best releases, I would travel half the world to get it - 6%

Votes: 335

The question of this new You Too is:

How do you rate (on 5 stars) the finished U2010?

- 5 stars, it was an unforgettable year
    - 4 stars, it was a very good year
    - 3 stars, it was a decent U2 year
    - 2 stars, I expected more of it
    - 1 star, it cannot be worse for U2011

Please vote on the frontpage of the website, in this thread you can tell us why you voted for your answer.
    Your vote is valued! Thank you!
  2. 4 stars, cause I didn't like the setlist of most of the gigs this year. The Highlight for me was that they have played One Tree Hill in Auckland.
  3. I would give 5 stars for the surprises they brought to their set and for the balls they've proved to have, but the cancelled leg in North America and the continuous lying about the upcoming album makes me lower it to 4 stars. Which is better than most of the decade
  4. 5stars because if you would've said to someone last winter
    "U2 will play "Mercy", "North Star", "Every Breaking Wave", "Glastonbury", "Return Of The Stingray Guitar", "Boy Falls From The Sky", "Scarlet", "Hold Me Trhill Me Kiss Me Kill Me", "Mothers Of The Disappeared", "Love Rescue Me" (and maybe even "Spanish Eyes" and "One Tree Hill" belong to that list)",you would've a slap in the face.
    I mean, that are 10 (or 12) unexpected songs! What more could you ask without being unreasonable ?!

@ Sergio : i disagree.
    1) I believe it's not Bono's fault that he has got a back-injury is it ?
    + IF Bono would've been healthy, we probably wouldn't have had the new songs now...
    2) U2 always talks bullshit about the next album, i'm not surprised or frustrated about it anymore...
  5. I said 5 stars, because I could not expect so much from them. New songs, a remained setlist (i.e several songs that were not played in 2009)... And many emotions. Above all. I remember in May, when I was (and I think some of us were) fearing that Bono could not go on stage again, at least this year. And then, two months later, that awesome opening night on the 6th of August, when almost all of us were blown away thanks to that live stream.

To sum up, this year was a year of surprise, maybe the first and the last of the 2000-2010 decade.

PS : a special note to the tapers for the AMAZING bootlegs we have for this year, making us able to remember the highlights of U2010.

6. That IS the point. It's too early to be sure of that, but maybe this injury is a milestone on U2's journey. And I keep wondering what kind of U2010 we'd have had if Bono did not hurt himself.
  7. The European leg wouldn't have been THAT memorable if Bono hadn't had his back injury.

Hey, I've said it.
  8. For me personnally 100000000 stars.
    Because I've met my stars at Brussel 23 september at the hotel.....................
    And then in the stadium, there was a U2 crew man who brings me backstage. So......
    That's why so many stars.
  9. 5 star -- we got 2 great legs with some shows i hadn't seen since years for intensity.
    new songs (rare for them uh?), songs that wasn't been played for year's
    what else can we ask?!
    a new album? this will make next year 5 start
  10. 5 star year

The new songs and the 3rd leg made my year
  11. I would say 1 STAR FOR POSTPONING MY SHOW A YEAR.

But I give it a 4. I still don't like how many greatest hits they have playing (Beautiful Day through Still Haven't. jeez spread out the hits LOL) But i approve of all the new songs + BATMAN and Mothers

12. If you're being honest, giving it 5 stars would be ridiculous. A year where Bono almost dies and the band is too lazy to record new songs in the studio when the album was supposed to come ages ago is not anyone's best year.

But, it was a great year for the concerts - the best since the pre-Vertigo/Bomb era days.